Thread: clutch: ACT HDSS

Cars
    2006 WW EVO IX MR (sold), 2006 TB EVO IX SE

clutch: ACT HDSS

I have the ACT HDSS with streetlite flywheel. it's been roughly 500-600 miles since I got it installed. since the day it was installed...I've been getting lockout issues. I have a 2006 evo ix mr. reverse is a struggle to get into at times. I also gotta ride it when I'm taking off from a stop. is this normal? will this go away after I wear in the clutch? is this perhaps an install error?! help me! thanks
    Instagram @benyuan5

tuned by KT Motoring 5/9/2015, 1/20/2016

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    EVO IX GSR WW
    Needs to be adjusted at the clutch pedal, I'm on my second ACT HDSS and never had lockout. Who installed it?

I just had mine put on yesterday and have driven about a 100 miles. I also have a evo 9 Mr and no issues. I resurfaced fly wheel and same clutch with monoloc. Who installed yours?

Cars
    I got it done by massimo power. the clutch pedal was also adjusted too. it's not a complete lockout. I just gotta throw it in reverse harder than usual but 1-6 are fine. I'm thinking the flywheel is why I gotta ride the clutch more than I had to in the past also
    Instagram @benyuan5

Quote Originally Posted by benyuan5 View Post
    I got it done by massimo power. the clutch pedal was also adjusted too. it's not a complete lockout. I just gotta throw it in reverse harder than usual but 1-6 are fine. I'm thinking the flywheel is why I gotta ride the clutch more than I had to in the past also
    I just got mine done their no problems. Check the linkage under the battery make sure it's no rubbing against it.

I've had that issue with reverse. You need to adjust your clutch pedal again. Sometimes it helps if you need to go into reverse, throw it in first real quick and then reverse.

Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by MR EVO9 View Post
    I just got mine done their no problems. Check the linkage under the battery make sure it's no rubbing against it.
    Gilbert and Vic checked that for me. I guess the pedal needs more adjustment
    Instagram @benyuan5

Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by drifthobo View Post
    I've had that issue with reverse. You need to adjust your clutch pedal again. Sometimes it helps if you need to go into reverse, throw it in first real quick and then reverse.
    man I guess I'm just trippin...it's probably nothing. I should probably really worry if it happens after it's already broken in
    Instagram @benyuan5