Thread: Need smog done please

Need smog done please

Hello im am looking to get my smog done i went to the dvm today to get my registration done cause they never sent me the paper and it turns out i need to get a smog as well -_-
    DAMN IT !!!!!
    well anyways if anyones know where i can get it done please "passed" let me know i have a 9

what do you have done on your car?

Quote Originally Posted by hardcoreracing View Post
    what do you have done on your car?
    i have pretty much everything cams full bolt on upgraded turbo and e85
    i now there are people here that can pass it but i don't know who they are if anyone can let me know or point me in the direction towards them i'd really appreciate it

SoCalEvo.net Shop

Either way pay the fees now. Then you wont have to pay the late fee while you try to find a crooked smog shop. Once you find the crooked smog shop (that takes unknown people from open forums) then your certificate goes in electronically. You get your tags later on. Driving with an expired sticker for a month or two wont get you hassled on its own. If you do get pulled over waiting to find a crooked smog shop that takes unknown people from open forums, you just pull out a messy pile of papers and receipts and start yammering on about your smog/DMV story and they will let you go most likely.

Mike W

Canyon Racer
    Cars
    GG VIII MR, WW MR-T
    assuming your car is tuned right, putting the cat on and with e85 should pass. The visual test may get you if your engine bay has some fancy items. Mine is VIII, built 2.3, upgraded turbo, cams, intake (with carb sticker), intercooler, ecu boost, full exhaust, tuned... and passed with cat and e85. Good luck.

All cars 2000 and newer have to go through the new obd testing. If your car has any CEL or has more than one sensor that is not ready, then it's a fail. You can either do like Mike says and find a crooked shop to pass it, or invest in a 1.3u cable and a cheap laptop (vista or xp is fine). First off is to load scantech on the laptop and use that and the cable to see how many sensors are ready on your car. Scantech is a free open source program. Scantech will also tell you if any check engine lights are on. If you have all of the sensors set to ready then it's easy to pass. Any CEL on then you have to either fix the problem or shut them off in the ecu by the periphery bits.

I don't wanna go threw all that and change andthing or buy cables I just wanna pay a guy to pass it I've done it once but was years ago and can't find who it was so I'm just trying to find a new buddy that will pass it hope I can find one quick if anyone know pm me please

Quote Originally Posted by 06ggevo9 View Post
    i have pretty much everything cams full bolt on upgraded turbo and e85
    i now there are people here that can pass it but i don't know who they are if anyone can let me know or point me in the direction towards them i'd really appreciate it

I did I paid that's how I found out I had to smog so just need to take paper in and I get sticker that's why I just want to pay to get it passed

Quote Originally Posted by Mike W View Post
    Either way pay the fees now. Then you wont have to pay the late fee while you try to find a crooked smog shop. Once you find the crooked smog shop (that takes unknown people from open forums) then your certificate goes in electronically. You get your tags later on. Driving with an expired sticker for a month or two wont get you hassled on its own. If you do get pulled over waiting to find a crooked smog shop that takes unknown people from open forums, you just pull out a messy pile of papers and receipts and start yammering on about your smog/DMV story and they will let you go most likely.

Mike W

Sorry it was a reply to this yea I already paid just need to find someone to pass it
    Last edited by 06ggevo9; 12-02-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Back at it again need to get my smog done I don't know where to go can anyone help

I know there are a bunch in the san gabriel / alhambra area.. let me ask my buddy..

Cars
    EVO X SE
    If fuel injectors are changed from OEM spec to 1000+ cc for better performance etc and a tune changing factory parameters will these changes constitute a smog failer, even though you might be running clear due to e85?

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    You posted the same question in 3 different threads. I realize that while this may seem like a better way to get a response, it is not really appreciated by the other members. You would be better off starting your own thread.

That being said, there are some replies for you in the other threads you posted in.

Cars
    EVO X SE
    Sorry about that.

why the hell are you worried about doing all this to pass smog... you just pay to pass it for like 250-350.. problem solved.