Thread: issues with launch control

issues with launch control

Has anyone had issues of the 2 step launch control jumping up? I just tried it a while ago and it was at 5.5k then jumped to 7.5k

SoCalEvo.net Shop

If it was at the launch RPM and then jumped to the normal rev limit, then your clutch switch might be tripping.

What is your launch RPM set at vs your regular rev limit? 5.5k sounds a little low for a launch RPM.

Mike W

I thought all from stock where around 5k. Last time I got retuned rick did mention he raised it. I havent launched the car since the retune so I never got on the 2 step. And clutch switch? How can I check it out myself?

SoCalEvo.net Shop

The clutch switch is just the switch that tells the ECU that your foot is on the clutch. It might need some adjustment.

Ask Rick what would be stock on your car or what he set it to. Id ask him but I dont know your real name or what year what car you have.

Mike W

Its an 08 gsr under diego quezada

SoCalEvo.net Shop

I wouldnt launch an EVO X without upgrading the cross shafts in the center differential. Serious bad idea.

Your 2 step is set at 5,500 which is stock. Rick added some timing retard and fuel tweaks at that rpm. Your rev limit is stock. If your car is switching between the launch rpm and the main rev limit, then your clutch switch is tripping. You or someone would need to look at it how it is engaging and switching. Check the alignment between the little rubber tap and the switch pin. You or someone needs to get upside down up under there with a flashlight and an electrical tester and see what is up.

Again: I wouldnt launch an EVO X without upgrading the cross shafts in the center differential. Serious bad idea.

Mike W

Ok thanks. No launching for now. Ill probably stop by today in a bit and check if you guys arent busy or ill hold off until my 60k service app I have with you guess I think next friday. Thanks

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike W View Post
    I wouldnt launch an EVO X without upgrading the cross shafts in the center differential. Serious bad idea.

Your 2 step is set at 5,500 which is stock. Rick added some timing retard and fuel tweaks at that rpm. Your rev limit is stock. If your car is switching between the launch rpm and the main rev limit, then your clutch switch is tripping. You or someone would need to look at it how it is engaging and switching. Check the alignment between the little rubber tap and the switch pin. You or someone needs to get upside down up under there with a flashlight and an electrical tester and see what is up.

Again: I wouldnt launch an EVO X without upgrading the cross shafts in the center differential. Serious bad idea.

Mike W
    Do you launch a evo 9 with ACD? I know if a bit out of the topic.. but I'm thinking launch mine after getting TRE Tranny 4.11, Shep TC and as you know TRE rear diff. Thanks in advance Mike

SoCalEvo.net Shop

I personally dont launch anything ever. I cant afford it on the street and it isnt my kind of racing. But the center diff cross shaft thing is more of an EVO X thing.

Mike W