Thread: Loud "popping" noise usually under braking

Experienced
    Cars
    06 EB IX

Loud "popping" noise usually under braking

Hey guys, so I am having some issues just looking for some input before I only order coilovers. So first thing is I get a loud "popping" noise always under braking and sometimes while hitting bumps, next I get steering wheel shake over 50mph and uneven braking pressure when coming to a stop "really noticeable under 10mph"now this is with brand new pads and rotors, I'm thinking it's all due to all four of my shocks being blown and mounts worn, all input is appreciated 👍
    HKS Hi Power Catback/Custom 02/DP/and TP/Injen Intake W/intercooler Pipes/Samco End Tank Hoses/HKS Evc VI Boost Controller/Walbro 255/Tein Street Flex/
    KT Tuned

Gilbert@MassimoPower
    What kind of suspension do you have? if your shocks are trash, it could be the springs bottoming out on themselves under heavy breaking. If you want to bring it by the shop we can happily look at it for free and let you know whats up.

Experienced
    Cars
    06 EB IX
    They are the stock shocks on rsr lowering springs, could that be causing the other problems to?

Gilbert@MassimoPower
    hard to say without driving it or taking a better look at it.

Canyon Racer
    Lately we have been seeing a number of cars coming through with worn out top hats. With the amount of abuse and mileage put on "never-replaced" top hats and struts its not that surprising.
    KT Motoring
    10149 Canoga Avenue, Unit I
    Chatsworth, CA 91311
    (747) 224-0237

Experienced
    Cars
    06 EB IX
    Ok thanks for the help guys, looks like I'll have coilovers for Christmas lol
    HKS Hi Power Catback/Custom 02/DP/and TP/Injen Intake W/intercooler Pipes/Samco End Tank Hoses/HKS Evc VI Boost Controller/Walbro 255/Tein Street Flex/
    KT Tuned

Experienced
    Cars
    06 EB IX
    Sorry guys been busy, so I ended up getting the Tein street flex coilovers, every noise and issue is now gone and the car feels amazing!

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Hey! I think i saw your post on evom...glad you decided to give em a shot and are liking em!!!