Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Tooner?

Cars
    WW X 11 "RRE special", C6 z06, 2013 outlander sport
    Too funny at times.
    ''Yo, a$$G@@! This motherfucka's dead! Ain't no Chris Angel Mind freak, David Blaine trapdoor horseshit jumpin' off here!''

Quote Originally Posted by LakaiorDie View Post
    Well I only have one thing to say..
    All these power hungry newbs that are going for the shiity "cheaper" tunes deserve for their engines to blow.
    Also hopefully since they can barely afford the EVO to get a shitty tune for their car, cant afford a rebuild and forced
    to sell it to someone that deserves it. I'm hungover tired and annoyed /rant.
    The problem isn't always that people are looking for cheap tunes. The thing is Dr. Boost seems to be one of the few promising games in town for those of us living in SD.
    I've had Rick tune my previous wrx and my current Evo. And he will always be my preferred tuner. However, in cases where I simply can't get my car to him and Steven is 10 mins away...
    Therein lies my conundrum.
    06 Evo IX
    08 CBR1000RR

Cars
    Evo 9 GSR
    Rick's article didn't prove anything, which is why Steven's business didn't suffer after it was released. And Rick working with Reese? I am late intot he evo game, but I know a lot about Reese and his shady business dealings, so why would you listen to someone who has worked with him? Many of my friends got tuned by Rick at RRE and their evos ran like shit after. They called and asked for help/diagnosing and all they want was money. Another friend had RRE build his motor and it blew up within less than 500 miles of driving. His car is still sitting there today. I've never seen a fast evo get tuned by RRE. And RRE using the DynoPak giving customers false hope when their tune is done, lol. 400club for stock turbo evos all day from RRE, LOL. Where's RRE at shift sector? Dr. Boost is a small, but yet upcoming shop with lots of promise behind it and many of these shops in LA feel threatened by them.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
    Cars
    5150 flexfuel tuned 14/ww CZ4A/07 CT9A MR
    shift sector is like, the ballers ball. like gt-R is like basic entry. I think they had some lambo do like 227mph or something insane. some 200+ mph cars drive home too. someone did over 200 in an evo I cant recall who. there are some videos I think if you look for them.

Junior Moderator

Cars
    Evo 8/9
    RRE isnt a drag racing/high horse power type of shop.
    Pictures on all for sale/for trade threads is being enforced!

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    Quote Originally Posted by trigger_fish View Post
    The problem isn't always that people are looking for cheap tunes. The thing is Dr. Boost seems to be one of the few promising games in town for those of us living in SD.
    I've had Rick tune my previous wrx and my current Evo. And he will always be my preferred tuner. However, in cases where I simply can't get my car to him and Steven is 10 mins away...
    Therein lies my conundrum.
    This is a little off topic and not directed strictly towards you but to everyone.
    I don't get why people are so fucking lazy to drive anywhere far for tunes and parts. Your telling me that sd guys aren't welling to drive to kt motoring, RRE, 5150 ETC. for a tune ? There are so many lazy/ cheap people that don't want to take a quick drive for tunes and I think that beyond ridiculous. If you want a proper tune from a good shop then get your ass up and drive to the good shops that are out here, but instead you go to dumb fucks like btack and this Dr. Boost.
    Same goes for parts ! There is so many people I talked to that wanted my parts but don't want to pay for shipping or want to drive an hr or two for them. I personely driven everywhere for parts. I love in Palmdale and I driven to sd, Ventura, la, OC for parts, everything from a stupid molding to a Mager part. If you really want the part or tune so your car is in top shape then fucking do it !!

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Word. We are spoiled here in Socal. Other parts of the country it's commonplace to have to drive hours for parts, tuning, whatever. Not only do we have a million shops around here, but multiple shops that specialize in Evos! First world problems. LOL It's ridiculous.

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    evo
    I stayed out of this mess for awhile now. Let me set this all striaght. I have heard everyone's side and I happen to know all parties involved very well with the excpetion of Rick(I just dont know him personally). As I have disclosed to Rick in PM I think he was a victim of a cruel manipulative game James Reese played on him and I firmly believe the info that was fed to him was complete BS. I have known dr boost as well as Reese for almost 10 years now and dr boost is a stand up guy. Never at any point did he copy his tunes or maps. I think this has more to do with threatening business tactics than anything. Rick doesn't really have a bone to pick with him like Reese does. I think Rick deep down knows there is inconclusive evidence to support their claims and until the smoking gun is revealed this entire thread is pointless. I said the same thing on our sdevo group page. Rick was not the one who came out publicly with this website link it was reese(so I was told). Rick showed it to Reese and as usual Reeses hot-headedness got the best of him and publicly announced the website. I know a lot more personal backstory behind all of this but it is not my place to say on public forum. I think alot of this he said she said crap needs to stop and instead of ripping the community apart we should be building it.

Lastly, lets all take from this that we are truly blessed as a community that we are fortunate to have many amazing shops to go too. I believe dr boost, mike, and rick all to be stand up guys. I see no reason to make waves in between them.

Respectfully

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12