Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Evos shop in Socal

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    2005 Evo 8

Best Evos shop in Socal

Which shop do you fell treats your Evo with the most care. Takes the time and percausion to not scratch your car or mess up the clean interior. Or drive the car on the street without permission.

Cars
    13 RR Evo X GSR
    KT Motoring in Chatsworth hands down. Makes you feel like family right away. Quality expert work, tunes to perfection as well. There are meets there also every Tuesday night around 8ish.
    2013 Rally Red Evo X GSR

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    Quote Originally Posted by hurstnova350 View Post
    KT Motoring in Chatsworth hands down. Makes you feel like family right away. Quality expert work, tunes to perfection as well. There are meets there also every Tuesday night around 8ish.
    100% agree !!! Kt motoring al the way. !! He said it all !!

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    2005 Evo 8
    Ya but im talking about a shop that has a clean shop, anyone recommend 5150 or tuning technologies

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    Kt motoring us the best. Never been to 5150 and won't say nothing about them but kt is better then TTech. Up to you bro.

Cars
    04 tarmac black ssl
    oh no not another one of these threads :/ tuning tech 5150 massimo power KT Motoring RRE are all reputable shops. depends on what you need you will get mixed opinions and experiences from everyone best thing to do is just go and if you feel comfortable and they make you feel welcome then do it. I have talked to all of these shop and they are all very good people. let's keep this thread with less drama I'm sure no one wants a this shop is better than this shop war. just do your research

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightevo04 View Post
    oh no not another one of these threads :/ tuning tech 5150 massimo power KT Motoring RRE are all reputable shops. depends on what you need you will get mixed opinions and experiences from everyone best thing to do is just go and if you feel comfortable and they make you feel welcome then do it. I have talked to all of these shop and they are all very good people. let's keep this thread with less drama I'm sure no one wants a this shop is better than this shop war. just do your research
    Amen bro !!! If massimo did tunes then that would be my shop 100% so I go back an forth with kt motoring and massimo. I 100% trust both of them with my car and I know nothing will go wrong when they have it.

Cars
    04 tarmac black ssl
    Quote Originally Posted by rawger View Post
    Amen bro !!! If massimo did tunes then that would be my shop 100% so I go back an forth with kt motoring and massimo. I 100% trust both of them with my car and I know nothing will go wrong when they have it.
    Massimo power always recommends Kt motoring for tuning since massimo doesn't have a tuner at the moment they trust kt so much that even massimo powers race cars are tuned by Kt I wish they could closer to me. However I talked to Alfred at tuning tech and the guy is super cool so they might be the ones doing my tune hopefully

Experienced
    Cars
    03 evo 8.5

Angry Not local, but!

Quote Originally Posted by 2005EVO View Post
    Which shop do you fell treats your Evo with the most care. Takes the time and precaution to not scratch your car or mess up the clean interior. Or drive the car on the street without permission.
    I hear you, I had my car stuck at a local shop for 4 months and I am very picky. When I picked it up, I had a dripping pan oil leak, battery was dead, catch can was shoved on top of my new carbon fiber K & N filter, running on 3 cylinders, the radiator had crushed fins on my new CBRD radiator, the radiator clamp was so close to my new Tial BOV that it dug right into it! Scratches here and there! I went to replace my IACV and they never ordered the seal for it. I am sure I will see more things later?

We pay alot of money for these parts to look good why do they have to be so careless when installing them? Look at STMs engine bay - it's spotless from the picture anyway!

$2K later: replaced water pump (they ordered a 8 and paid for a 9), quartermaster clutch, fixed bent shifter bracket, found vacuum leak, they broke the tensioner square - installed Gates and new belt.

I still cannot find anyone in town that knows or wants to hook my GM ethanol sensor and AEM guages to the ecu harness? So until this is done, I am only tuned on wastegate pressure. I have 1 last shop to call, but then I may have to drive my evo 41/2hrs to get it finished? I have been trying to avoid this the whole time, but I may have no choice!

Suggestion: Try to do as much yourself so if something happens it's on you rather than the shop you take it too.

My gripe session is over, lol good luck picking a shop!

Junior Moderator

Cars
    Evo 8/9
    This subject has been beat to death! Please do ur research! These type of thread always brings out all the fan bois and starts drama foe yo momma.
    Pictures on all for sale/for trade threads is being enforced!

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Ryu, sorry to hear that. We are perhaps a bit spoiled around here; lots of good shops to choose from. Good luck, hope it works out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightevo04 View Post
    I second this.

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    2005 Evo 8
    Not trying to start drama trying to find the shop that will take the best care of my car preferably not rre or kt m

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    2005 Evo 8
    Which socal evo shop have you been using

Cars
    RS Evolution IX Rally Red
    Repost

Smh

Cars
    RS Evolution IX Rally Red
    I took my Evo to MIDAS for motor mount install so what

My day off was perfect got shit done and my Evo was good to go

What do you mean shops?

Tune up ? Service ? install ?

9k Racing

KTM Motoring

RRE

Evasive Motorsports

STM (Online)

West End Alignment

Lancershop

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    Quote Originally Posted by 2005EVO View Post
    Not trying to start drama trying to find the shop that will take the best care of my car preferably not rre or kt m
    Damn you want nothing to do with the top shops out here huh. Go btack then hahaha, sounds like a person that you'd like to do business with.

Cars
    '11 WW X GSR, '06 GG IX MR, '14 PB X GSR
    Basically KTM, RRE or MP are your best options.

"Kneel before my minions, as they kneel before me."
    Instagram: EvoSev

Evo Guru
    Cars
    Formely '04 Evo 8 & '10 OBP Evo X - Currently 14 WW MR
    Might as well go to Jiffy Lube then ... I'm sure they could recommend your brake and coolant flushed while you are there.
    2014 WW Evo MR ~ Derick 3.0

Junior Moderator

Cars
    Evo 8/9
    What about tire rotation and new windshield wipers??^^
    Pictures on all for sale/for trade threads is being enforced!

Cars
    Dodrio
    Questions like "who's the best shop, who's the best tuner, who's the best in bed" should be tabo questions to ask.

Waka waka - I'm a slowpoke
    Doc Mosh #1 fan boy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast