Thread: stock evo 9 +aem intake = fluttering?

stock evo 9 +aem intake = fluttering?

bone stock evo 9 with aem short ram intake only and BOV makes fluttering sound. this never happen on my stock intake. is it normal? i searched but no thread has bone stock evo 9 with aem intake. thanks

SoCalEvo.net Shop

If the BOV vacuum hose is pinched, then there is no vacuum to open the BOV.... You are in the other thread with pics of your pinched vacuum hose, no?

Better to go back to the shop and have them give things a tweak. Or take it to an EVO shop better maybe. Or you loosen all the hose clamps and get everything positioned better. This car _will_ make a mechanic of you. :-)

Mike W

yes that would explain it, the shop wont open til monday. will it be ok driving around 2 days with the vacumm hose pinched? is it bad?

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    Shit out All your fears, gets a basic tool box and fix it yourself. Use manuals and try to learn how things work. Other you'll be force to pay to a shop. When problems comes, you can save your ass repairing your car by yourself

JFA EVO 9 MR - Track and Mountain Yeah

actually from 2,000 to 2,800 no noise, 3,000 to 4,000 rpm there is fluttering. And at 4,000 or 4,500 it goes back to the normal whooshpssh i think. it that normal with just aem short ram intake?

Canyon Racer
    How old is the AEM intake? AEM changed their design of the intake years back. The earlier designs didn't have a metal flange on the inside of the intake pipe where the BOV return hose is located. If I am not mistaken the newer design has this metal flange
    KT Motoring
    10149 Canoga Avenue, Unit I
    Chatsworth, CA 91311
    (747) 224-0237

i have the newer model i think cuz i got it 1 month ago

Cars
    2000 Green Honda Civic DX. 2003 TB Evo VIII.
    What do you mean fluttering? Like on accel? When you let of gas after building boost? When and what are you doing in terms of your driving when it happens?

Cars
    (track car)1990 s13 hatch SE, 89SHP Starion,2005 Evo8,2002 saturnL200
    Most likely you have a boost leak. Check the shaft seals at the throttle body. Whats happening is at that point your turbo is surging. I just went through this my self. I thought I was pinging lol what a retard I was.