Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rockford Foscate Woofer

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    Evo IX, 91 eclipse gsx, and other commuters...
    I have personally talked to Rockford when they were at MOD a few years ago. The sub can handle a lot more than way is currently running on it from the factory. They suggested just upgrading the factory amp and leaving the sub stock. They suggested their 5 channel 1000w (rms) amp. I believe that would be an output of about 200-250w RMS to the sub. The amp is about $500 bucks I believe. If you can not afford the T model amps you can go with their prime series amps. They are good but make sure not to run the gain too high because your sub and speakers will clip which will cause them to pop much sooner. My brother has the evo X so this is why I asked them. I have a IX with the SSL package (factory Infinity speakers, radio and amp) which sounded pretty good. I switched the head-unit for an Alpine and added a 500W RMS Rockford amp and a bandpass box with 2 10" kicker comp v's and it sounds pretty damn good for what it is. Whatever you do make sure to properly tune your system so it does not clip or distort. Good luck.

Cars
    PB Evo X
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwrdby4g63 View Post
    I have personally talked to Rockford when they were at MOD a few years ago. The sub can handle a lot more than way is currently running on it from the factory. They suggested just upgrading the factory amp and leaving the sub stock. They suggested their 5 channel 1000w (rms) amp. I believe that would be an output of about 200-250w RMS to the sub. The amp is about $500 bucks I believe. If you can not afford the T model amps you can go with their prime series amps. They are good but make sure not to run the gain too high because your sub and speakers will clip which will cause them to pop much sooner. My brother has the evo X so this is why I asked them. I have a IX with the SSL package (factory Infinity speakers, radio and amp) which sounded pretty good. I switched the head-unit for an Alpine and added a 500W RMS Rockford amp and a bandpass box with 2 10" kicker comp v's and it sounds pretty damn good for what it is. Whatever you do make sure to properly tune your system so it does not clip or distort. Good luck.
    this is great! thank you for this.

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    2010 Evo X GSR
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwrdby4g63 View Post
    thanks for the great info! I ended up ordering the prime 500x1d. I'm in the process of making a fiberglass box in the same spot the OEM sub was located. Started taping the area off, getting ready for the fiberglass. Once the box is complete I will put the P2 4ohm in it. Thanks again people!

Cars
    Evo 9 MR
    Sounds good. I knew someone had to know more bout the stock sub. Cool beans. We should all show off our systems same time. See who loudest. Lol jk. We might get too much attention.

what is the best woofer you have ever usedd?

Cars
    06 MR to 10 MR to 18 Focus RS, 09 Sarao GT-K (k for Karabao)
    Sony Xplod 1300 watts sub.
    R.I.P. Sammy: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=1 21610.msg8407077#msg8407077<br /><br />Mobile Wheel Repair in San Diego: MZM Rimshine: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=8 8447.msg7802233#msg7802233<br /><br />Good price for parts: http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=97342.0

Cars
    evo
    Well it depends on the needs you are having and where do you want it. In our case, i really like the Rockford Fosgate P300-12 Punch, it is a subwoofer, however it is just amazing for a car. Recently i installed such a woofer in my car, in my 1997 honda civic. Well, the woofer is great, however when the vtec starts revving i cannot hear sh*t. In case you are driving normally, the music is just awesome. When i installed it i choose a circuit card from 4pcb, however I had no idea how to assemble it. So i had to call for a circuit card assembly service.
    Last edited by Dordtas; 11-29-2020 at 10:07 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12