Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rockford Foscate Woofer

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    2010 Evo X GSR

Rockford Foscate Woofer

So I was at stereo shop today getting a viper remote start installed today. While I was there I asked them about the quality of the 10in woofer. They told me it is very low quality and could not handle to many watts. Was told I should take it out and replace it as well as the factory amp. Does anyone agree with that, or are they full of carp?

Cars
    RS Evolution IX Rally Red
    Maybe those guys are audio tuners not vehicle tuners lol

Unless ur gonna add weight to ur car upgrade ur sound system ?

Cars
    Evo 9 MR
    Rockford fozgate are competition woofers. And not cheap. I run two 12" p3 woofers. They do add a good amount of weight. But I love to bump lol. I would just get more powerful amp first (one from Rockford if you can afford it).

Cars
    Evo 9 MR
    It all depends on how much bass you want... years ago I had two 12" t1 subs in a truck cab... that hurt the ears.... and I had to sell it... Too impractical...

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    2010 Evo X GSR
    Bro's they were installing a box with two low range 12's, can't remember the name of them. They had I think a Rockford model 200 amp running them. That thing was only like 6 in long by maybe 5in wide. That they was hitting so hard I had to get out of the car due to my ears hurting. He told me that amp was only 200 bucks. Kind of reminded me of the old punch 75 back in the day. It got me thinking.

Cars
    Evo 9 MR
    Yea they can hurt. Mine are low profile so I can still use my truck and spare wheel. Too much rattle and you need a grip of dynamat anyway. My car way heavy from the system. You get used to it though. Kinda.

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    2010 Evo X GSR
    So you think I should start by getting a better amp and go from there? The guy did say the X's door and rear speakers are pretty good.

Cars
    Evo 9 MR
    I chose to upgrade my 9 speakers. Idk what the ten even has lol. Yea I would go for amp for bass and try to get a subwoofer control knob (I think the fosgate punch amp has em). Made a huge difference for my system. And it helps when bumping and you see a cop to quick turn bass down.

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    2010 Evo X GSR
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKMBA View Post
    I chose to upgrade my 9 speakers. Idk what the ten even has lol. Yea I would go for amp for bass and try to get a subwoofer control knob (I think the fosgate punch amp has em). Made a huge difference for my system. And it helps when bumping and you see a cop to quick turn bass down.
    yea bro the little Rockford amp I saw today for 200 bucks comes with the control knob as well. If you have the SSS package in the X, it comes with all Rockford equipment. Including the 10in woofer in the trunk.

Cars
    Evo 9 MR
    Quote Originally Posted by casanova136 View Post
    yea bro the little Rockford amp I saw today for 200 bucks comes with the control knob as well. If you have the SSS package in the X, it comes with all Rockford equipment. Including the 10in woofer in the trunk.
    Oh kool. Yea the amps are pricey. But that should give good bass with the knob. If not at least it a good start to an after market Rockford sub lol. Good luck squeezing some bass out of that sub.

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    2010 Evo X GSR
    Oh kool. Yea the amps are pricey. But that should give good bass with the knob. If not at least it a good start to an after market Rockford sub lol. Good luck squeezing some bass out of that sub.

rite on bro, thanks for chiming in on the post, and giving me some good info to go with. I appreciate it. Nice meeting you!

Cars
    Evo 9 MR
    rite on bro, thanks for chiming in on the post, and giving me some good info to go with. I appreciate it. Nice meeting you!
    No problem. Nice meeting you too. It wasn't the usual evo conversation lol. I was starting to think I was the only evo with a sound system. Lol jk.

Cars
    PB Evo X
    what size amp would you recommend for getting the most bump out of the stock 10?

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    2010 Evo X GSR
    No problem. Nice meeting you too. It wasn't the usual evo conversation lol. I was starting to think I was the only evo with a sound system. Lol jk.
    Well bro if you are the only evo out there with a sound system, there's about to be two of us lol..

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    2010 Evo X GSR
    Quote Originally Posted by jeruhhmee View Post
    what size amp would you recommend for getting the most bump out of the stock 10?
    I'm not sure how many watts the stock 10 will handle. I will ask the local stereo shop and get back to you.

Cars
    Evo 9 MR
    Well bro if you are the only evo out there with a sound system, there's about to be two of us lol..
    Lol fo sho.

Cars
    Evo 9 MR
    I'm not sure how many watts the stock 10 will handle. I will ask the local stereo shop and get back to you.
    I second this. Diff ten inch can handle way diff watts. A shop should know. Just make sure you check yelp first lol. Don't wanna go to a two star place.

Cars
    PB Evo X
    I second this. Diff ten inch can handle way diff watts. A shop should know. Just make sure you check yelp first lol. Don't wanna go to a two star place.
    thanks guys, i'll def look into it. just wanted to see if anyone had it done first or had any recommendations before i went and asked.

Cars
    Evo 9 MR
    Quote Originally Posted by jeruhhmee View Post
    thanks guys, i'll def look into it. just wanted to see if anyone had it done first or had any recommendations before i went and asked.
    No problem. Sry I don't have more info on the stock evo x woofer. When I was younger I would say scrap stock and go aftermarket. Now days I'd say best in budget to get quality sound. It all what your personal preference is. Like with anything else in car modification. Good luck with whatever route you go.

Cars
    PB Evo X
    No problem. Sry I don't have more info on the stock evo x woofer. When I was younger I would say scrap stock and go aftermarket. Now days I'd say best in budget to get quality sound. It all what your personal preference is. Like with anything else in car modification. Good luck with whatever route you go.
    yeah i wanted to go aftermarket at first but with the sub box already being tucked away in the corner it'd be easier to just switch the amp instead and save the remaining space i do have left in the trunk haha. thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast