I have personally talked to Rockford when they were at MOD a few years ago. The sub can handle a lot more than way is currently running on it from the factory. They suggested just upgrading the factory amp and leaving the sub stock. They suggested their 5 channel 1000w (rms) amp. I believe that would be an output of about 200-250w RMS to the sub. The amp is about $500 bucks I believe. If you can not afford the T model amps you can go with their prime series amps. They are good but make sure not to run the gain too high because your sub and speakers will clip which will cause them to pop much sooner. My brother has the evo X so this is why I asked them. I have a IX with the SSL package (factory Infinity speakers, radio and amp) which sounded pretty good. I switched the head-unit for an Alpine and added a 500W RMS Rockford amp and a bandpass box with 2 10" kicker comp v's and it sounds pretty damn good for what it is. Whatever you do make sure to properly tune your system so it does not clip or distort. Good luck.