Thread: Another "how much power will I make" thread

Another "how much power will I make" thread

Ok, it's not that bad. More like "Will I fall in love with the car again?" post.

Picked up my first evo a few months back, and have been collecting parts in preparation for my first round.

Car is completely stock, has 10K miles on it. 14' GSR.

The list:
    ETS intake
    ETS LICP
    SpeedCircuit UICP
    DEPO 3.5 IC
    TurboXS testpipe
    MAP 02 downpipe
    Grimsspeed EBCS
    91 octane
    STOCK CBE (hoping it keeps it nice and quiet, worth sacrificing some power imho)

All going in and getting tuned by 5150, before you ask.

So, is this going to be a night and day difference? Am I going to have a butt-dynogasm compared to stock?

*At this point, would injectors/pump be advantageous to accompany these mods?

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    night and day difference once its tuned. how are you not in love with your car when its just a 2014 model?

post pics of your results when you get done. you will definitely "love" the car again.

Sportback Evolution MR

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm pretty excited, if I must say so myself. I've heard amazing things about Jon and the techs @ 5150.

Thoughts on pump/injectors? I can get them in pretty quick, as my install/tune date is next week. Anything else I'm overlooking?

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Im sure there will be more guys here that can chime in on what to recommend you. All i can say is that you will definitely like the car tuned.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    Evo 9 MR
    Road race put rc 760cc injectors with walbro 255 on my nine with similar set up. You'll unlock more with a turbo back exhaust. I run rre stealth exhaust and it pretty sleeper. But definitely tune when opening up air flow. Get most out of your parts. I think Im running same pump but now rc 1000cc injectors since dual tune (recommended if you can afford it). I think ppl like the "aem 360" fuel pump for the evo x.

Quote Originally Posted by BLKMBA View Post
    Road race put rc 760cc injectors with walbro 255 on my nine with similar set up. You'll unlock more with a turbo back exhaust. I run rre stealth exhaust and it pretty sleeper. But definitely tune when opening up air flow. Get most out of your parts. I think Im running same pump but now rc 1000cc injectors since dual tune (recommended if you can afford it). I think ppl like the "aem 360" fuel pump for the evo x.

Thanks.

Why should I go with a dual map tune when there's no E85 anywhere near where I live?

Cars
    04 tarmac black ssl
    Quote Originally Posted by Xer0 View Post
    Thanks.

Why should I go with a dual map tune when there's no E85 anywhere near where I live?
    because you can buy vp jugs and take them with you once you fill up on e85 and the cost of fuel is much cheaper and you get more out of it the only downside is crappy gas mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightevo04 View Post
    because you can buy vp jugs and take them with you once you fill up on e85 and the cost of fuel is much cheaper and you get more out of it the only downside is crappy gas mileage.
    Honestly, I'd just move closer to E85. I love me some power, but jugs etc in an apartment complex garage? Not worth the hassle for me.

So, aside from that: nothing else I'm overlooking in this setup?

SoCalEvo.net Shop

Cars
    They all broke
    honestly, i would invest in a QTP cutout, just so you can get the performance benefit when you need to use it just open up the cut out and free up the exhaust flow. when you don't need to use it just close the cutout and it will be quiet again.
    http://www.edoperformance.com
    11922 Western Ave.
    Stanton,CA 90680

PH: (714) 602-5741

Facebook: EDO Performance

Instagram:@edo_Performance

Cars
    Evo 9 MR
    Thanks.

Well u can always switch it out when u hit the light and get regular.But yea I see you point not living near em. I think they way to scarce as it is. Since you going test pipe I would say get a quiet after market cbe (cough:rre stealth lol). Your opening up air flow everywhere else.

Cars
    Evo 9 MR
    Oh and your welcome. Lol woops. Good luck with unlocking some hp/tq. Be careful boosting (these cars are fast).

Cars
    '03 TB Evo 8, '03 Honda Civic, & '07 Suby Outback
    You should make decent power. You'll fall in love again, more power tends to do that.
    2.3 Manley 10.5:1 Pistons, Manley Turbo Tuff Rods, ID 2000, BR dbl pumper, AMS IC, FP black, Muellerized/GF Suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex@EDO View Post
    honestly, i would invest in a QTP cutout, just so you can get the performance benefit when you need to use it just open up the cut out and free up the exhaust flow. when you don't need to use it just close the cutout and it will be quiet again.
    I was really thinking about this! One of the electronic ones controller from the cabin. Does anyone have any experience? Do they make a good seal when closed?

I like the idea that I can flip a switch and go from stock sounding to obnoxiously loud, and back.

Cars
    04 tarmac black ssl
    I was really thinking about this! One of the electronic ones controller from the cabin. Does anyone have any experience? Do they make a good seal when closed?

I like the idea that I can flip a switch and go from stock sounding to obnoxiously loud, and back.
    my buddy has one it's cool that it opens and closes whenever you need. The thing that i hate though is that it's really loud when its open since the cut out is right underneath the car. I would rather listen to my exhaust because it exits in the back and isn't that noisy compared to the qtp. I guess for your purposes it should be good.

my buddy has one it's cool that it opens and closes whenever you need. The thing that i hate though is that it's really loud when its open since the cut out is right underneath the car. I would rather listen to my exhaust because it exits in the back and isn't that noisy compared to the qtp. I guess for your purposes it should be good.

I understand they're prone to leak/breakage, and 5150 tells it's minimal gains for my setup, so F it. I have an 02 dump, so if I want to make noise I can just WOT. In the end, i'll scoop up a CBE down the line and have some resonators welded on.

IS IT TUNE DAY YET?!

Cars
    '03 TB Evo 8, '03 Honda Civic, & '07 Suby Outback
    I understand they're prone to leak/breakage, and 5150 tells it's minimal gains for my setup, so F it. I have an 02 dump, so if I want to make noise I can just WOT. In the end, i'll scoop up a CBE down the line and have some resonators welded on.

IS IT TUNE DAY YET?!
    yeah, i've heard the same things about the breakage. was also considering getting one during my build but was advised strongly not. if you really are seeking that butt-dynogasm night and day difference, the only way to do is a built motor that can withstand a good amount of boost on a decent size turbo.

Cars
    04 tarmac black ssl
    My buddies qtp is always messed up it wont close or open at times. Sometimes it would stay half open and it would sound like a two stroke motorcycle lol if i were you i would just get an exhaust that isn't to loud. Its not worth tuning your car if you don't open up the exhaust.

Its not worth tuning your car if you don't open up the exhaust.
    I've heard a bunch of conflicting reports on this. I'll be running a test pipe and 02 dump, but of course there will be SOME restriction @ the stock CBE, but I'm willing to sacrifice ~20awhp or so to not be a cop magnet.

If you're telling me that with my setup, i'm loosing 60-70awhp/tq or so by sticking with the stock CBE, then that calls for me to swap it out asap...

Thoughts?

I wanted to follow up with this.

The guys @ 5150 were unlike any shop I've ever worked at/with. Professional, cool, calm and collected. They answered my every question regardless of how noobish it may be.
    That being said, I had the pleasure of hanging with Jon (even after the shop was closing up) and shooting the shit about these cars, tuners, etc for roughly an hour. The car feels completely new, and I want to fall asleep whilst spooning it.
    Had a few follow up questions after I left regarding the tune/car, which I fired off a few emails - to which were responded within minutes. Mind you, this was at roughly 11PM on a Wednesday.

Money well spent. Shops, take note.

The list:
    ETS intake
    ETS LICP
    SpeedCircuit UICP
    DEPO 3.5" IC
    TurboXS testpipe
    MAP 02 downpipe
    Grimsspeed EBCS
    91 octane
    STOCK CBE (hoping it keeps it nice and quiet, worth sacrificing some power imho)

IMG_2284.jpg

if u get some high flow cat and exhaust should around 370W