Thread: best compression for pump gas daily driver

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    Evo 8

best compression for pump gas daily driver

What would be the best compression for me to run for a pump gas daily driver of a hp goal of 400plus hp? 8:1, 8.5:1? I do some autocrossing but the focus of the build is a daily driver trying to get over 400hp on a 2.3 engine build.

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    8.5:1 - 9:1

On second thought, i noticed in your other thread that you'll be going to RRE. When they did a 2.3 for a friend of mine back in 07, they used some Wiseco HDs and the CR was 8.3:1 IIRC. That engine they built was a beast. Amazing durability. After my friend had his way with it for a while, he sold the car. Last i heard, the current owner has had a number of different 500whp + setups on it, and it refuses to die.

Cars
    '03 TB Evo 8, '03 Honda Civic, & '07 Suby Outback
    9:1 compression
    2.3 Manley 10.5:1 Pistons, Manley Turbo Tuff Rods, ID 2000, BR dbl pumper, AMS IC, FP black, Muellerized/GF Suspension.

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    Evo 8
    I already have 9:1 but I was being told by road race engineering lower is better for pump gas

Cars
    '03 TB Evo 8, '03 Honda Civic, & '07 Suby Outback
    Why ask then if rre told you already?

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    Evo 8
    I started to rebuild my 2.0 engine because I bought the car with a blown head gasket and had 215k miles on it. While the block was in the machine shop someone suggest why dont you do a 2.3 since you going to rebuild anyways. So when i was talking to my machine shop about the change he told me of a short block (in pieces) he had sitting in his shop for over a year a customer left there And that the customer was wanting to sell it. So I bought it for the parts that I needed for my build. Well the pistons are 9:1 and i was avoiding having to buy more pistons to bring them done to 8.5:1 as suggested. They did say 9:1 is the highest to go on pump gas unless I add a meth kit. But they no longer suggest meth kits.

I was thinking just going to 8:1, but with the boost controller I should be fine wih 9:1 right

Or maybe I should just get the dam pistons lol

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    I use a compressor gun for anything that need to be loosen with compression.