Thread: paint chip/scuff repair

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    evo

paint chip/scuff repair

Just a heads up for you folks, I just purchased some new detailing tools/products that will allow me to fix paint chips/scuffs much better than dealing with the usual paint pen. I should be getting everything in about a week. When you book an appointment please book about 10 days in advance due to me having to order your exact paint code. I will just need a deposit just for materials for your paint. This process will only take me 1 day so you are in and out in a day. I do recommend keeping the area away from moisture for 48hrs, I would wait about 7 days until the area is protected with wax/sealants, and 30 days for any machine polishing/waxing. Here are a couple of examples of the before and after. I try and stay up to date on the cutting edge technology with car care. With amazing chemical formulas as well as tools these results are now possible in a relatively short amount of time and they last when done correctly. Pricing will vary from application. But to give you an idea with the exception of the paint itself to do something like what was pictured you are looking at 50-75. Not bad at all when you think in terms of not having to remove the bumpers for paint and body as well as saving time and money. For most complete front ends to repair all the chips will probably cost you around 200-250.

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Very interesting. I was thinking about getting my bumper re-sprayed, but my hood needs it too. This might be just the ticket.

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    evo
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Hunter View Post
    Very interesting. I was thinking about getting my bumper re-sprayed, but my hood needs it too. This might be just the ticket.
    Definitely! I said the same thing and will be using this myself plenty of times lol. Also just the time having to deal with the auto body shop and waiting sucks. Granted this isn't an end all solution for paint work. This is just for small chips and scuffs. But it it a much better option for those who do not want to wait for paint and body as well as the cost.

Cars
    2013 Evo X, 2009 CBR600RR
    This looks like a great option
    LoOnEy TuNeD
    Instagram @600rrevox

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    evo
    Quote Originally Posted by evoX600RR View Post
    This looks like a great option
    It is actually. Great results from this technique.

Cars
    2003 Evo 8 GSR and 2015 Subaru Forester 2008 Lancer
    I might consider this. Especially on my front hood.

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    evo
    Yea it's definitely a much easier, quicker, cheaper way of correcting these issues. However I will say results won't be as good as a proper paint job from body shop. But this offers an alternative.

Damn, that looks good
    2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR FOR SALE THREAD: http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sal...condition.html

Cars
    2012 EVO WW
    Dr. Colorchip works pretty well too. I ordered some a few months ago and I really like it.

Great work and price!

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    evo
    Thank you I appreciate that. I take pride in what I do.

chips suck and when painted over so see the imperfections