Thread: Is it really no more free oil change ?

Is it really no more free oil change ?

First owner, been going to HB for free oil change since 05, well, free after you paid the tax, etc.
    But I read it in another thread, it's no more ? anyone can confirm ? thx
    http://www.mediafire.com/?a0m7t71047dbqdi  <- Evo IX Manual

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    yes its been over for a while now.

Sportback Evolution MR

last time I got an oil change was back at beginning of the year..

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    i dont know what to tell you then. afaik, its been done and gone for a while now. last time i had a free oil change done was in 2006.

Sportback Evolution MR

well just call HB, unless you have free oil changed thing listed under your due bill or something like that, then you don't get it for life.. well it's a good run while it lasted.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyi View Post
    well just call HB, unless you have free oil changed thing listed under your due bill or something like that, then you don't get it for life.. well it's a good run while it lasted.
    It was on my 05 MR. It was typically for first owners but once they sell their car they lose it. My understanding was it was free only up until a certain number of miles anyway, and not for life.

Either way, no big deal. if people are gonna cheap out on an oil change for their Evo they clearly have the wrong car.

Sportback Evolution MR

^If it was promised for life it is kinda jacked to refuse to offer it anymore though. I have no ponies in this race, but that's just my $0.02.

Cars
    10' WW CZ4A
    It's not like it was ever really free anyways (at least in my experience it wasn't), I always had to pay some disposal fee.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by kpt6 View Post
    ^If it was promised for life it is kinda jacked to refuse to offer it anymore though. I have no ponies in this race, but that's just my $0.02.
    iirc the fact that this was offered by HB Mitsu (which wasnt under Abbas/Sam at the time) and SC Mitsu I think caused some misunderstandings. it all stemmed from early 2005.

HB Mitsu offered like 5 or 6 free oil changes, something that covers you until 30K miles. and SC Mitsu matched it and went beyond by offering it for "life". now i dont know exactly when HB Mitsu adopted that policy, or when they initialy stopped it (5 quarts of Synthetic oil isnt cheap if you multiply it by several dozen cars a month), but it became a SC MItsu only deal for a while.

then when the costs of tax and disposal fees started to cut to the bottom line, the deal went away. pretty sure lots of people asked Sam about it too at one point and it was made clear it wasnt offered anymore.

maybe Sam can chime in and give us the details of how it went down.

Sportback Evolution MR