Cars
    Sportback Evolution

Evo X Final Edition

Cliffs:

-power up to 303HP
    -black painted roofs
    -comes with serialized plaques
    -suspension and brakes from MR carried over
    -dark chrome Enkeis (looks like the dark chrome of the BBS)
    -HIDs
    -Pearl White color available
    -black interior pillars, visors and headliner
    -4 colors only (Pearl White, Octane Blue, Mercury Gray and Rally Red)
    -1600 units only
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Macky; 06-10-2015 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Added PDF

Sportback Evolution MR

Canyon Racer
    Cars
    GG VIII MR, WW MR-T
    not 305, 303HP. Probably just lean out the fuel a little bit for that. Nice bling stuffs and good for bragging right. A fancy exit of my beloved evo. I may get one if the price is right but not sure what to do with my current two evos.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by G20 View Post
    not 305, 303HP. Probably just lean out the fuel a little bit for that. Nice bling stuffs and good for bragging right. A fancy exit of my beloved evo. I may get one if the price is right but not sure what to do with my current two evos.
    thanks for catching that. it is 303. typo on my part.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    GG 9 MR. 08 Civic Hybrid
    Placed my order.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
    Cars
    5150 flexfuel tuned 14/ww CZ4A/07 CT9A MR
    Quote Originally Posted by AceCampano View Post
    Placed my order.
    did you really? I like to see it when ever it is you get it. I see its mostly stuff we wanted on the GSR for a long time.

I bet there is other things we will find out later, little things that are pretty awesome that just are not on some list. or like maybe how they did the supra and workers hid their signatures in the car.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    if anything the only thing i like about it is the dark interior and the pearl white color.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    if anything the only thing i like about it is the dark interior and the pearl white color.
    look for an upholstery shop, I know you can get the hood liner done fairly reasonable and with the same OEM materials. the A-C
    pillars im not sure though.

I think people for get about upholstery shops a lot.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by jiGGypiGGy View Post
    look for an upholstery shop, I know you can get the hood liner done fairly reasonable and with the same OEM materials. the A-C
    pillars im not sure though.

I think people for get about upholstery shops a lot.
    oh yeah i know upholstery shops can do it, it just would have been nice to come like that from the factory.

the gloss black vents, thats easy to do. anyone with an Evo Touring in Phantom Black can swap theirs with someone with another color and get a similar effect.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Pearl white would be my pick but overall any color will look awesome with that stuff. I'm happy they are sending it off dressed to the 9s.

I'm still bent about the Recaros. Will be tempting to swap em out but this is certainly a X that could appreciate well down the road so I would want to keep it original with that in mind.

12 hp increase thanks to slightly more aggressive tuning thanks to sodium filled valves ...I love how OEMs are so insanely anal with the checks and balances.Gotta preserve that same level of reliability.

Cars
    oh yeah i know upholstery shops can do it, it just would have been nice to come like that from the factory.

the gloss black vents, thats easy to do. anyone with an Evo Touring in Phantom Black can swap theirs with someone with another color and get a similar effect.
    you can even get a ducks logo. or the confederate flag, fantasy dragon and barbarian w/naked slave girl. geez I can think of all kinds of hood liners.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Hunter View Post
    Pearl white would be my pick but overall any color will look awesome with that stuff. I'm happy they are sending it off dressed to the 9s.

I'm still bent about the Recaros. Will be tempting to swap em out but this is certainly a X that could appreciate well down the road so I would want to keep it original with that in mind.

12 hp increase thanks to slightly more aggressive tuning thanks to sodium filled valves ...I love how OEMs are so insanely anal with the checks and balances.Gotta preserve that same level of reliability.
    pretty sure the Evo VIII~X all came with sodium filled valves. the exhaust ones to be specific. dont know what's different now.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    '03 TB Evo 8, '03 Honda Civic, & '07 Suby Outback
    Aside from the alum roof, was there any other section where they shed weight? Imo the Xs are heavy.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by jbenosa View Post
    Aside from the alum roof, was there any other section where they shed weight? Imo the Xs are heavy.
    The aluminum roof debuted on the 2005 Evo MR and carried over to the IX RS/MR/SE. all Evo Xs without the sunroof option have it as well.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    pretty sure the Evo VIII~X all came with sodium filled valves. the exhaust ones to be specific. dont know what's different now.
    I was aware that the VIII/IX came with these. I assumed that it was specific to the Final Edition's 4B11T because they associate it with the power increase. However they do say sodium enclosed, which i interpreted as sodium filled, so i guess that makes sense.

Edit: Wait no, it still seems like sodium enclosed would mean "sodium enclosed inside of a valve" rather than a sodium treatment or coating? Anyone shed some light here?

Cars
    2014 WW MR
    I do like the painted black roof. I know that easily done but i like the contrast on the white cars. Might need to do that to mine.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Hunter View Post
    I was aware that the VIII/IX came with these. I assumed that it was specific to the Final Edition's 4B11T because they associate it with the power increase. However they do say sodium enclosed, which i interpreted as sodium filled, so i guess that makes sense.

Edit: Wait no, it still seems like sodium enclosed would mean "sodium enclosed inside of a valve" rather than a sodium treatment or coating? Anyone shed some light here?

It is kinda odd they had to mention it. I know I was like *wtf* since anyone who owns an Evo here would know about it. but the VIII/IX and Im guessing the X has it only on the exhaust valves. maybe the final edition has it on both intake and exhaust valves?

IIRC, the sodium isnt a treatment/coating on the valve itself, but the inside of the valve is filled with it. The sodium helps the valve dissipate the heat and is much lighter compared to a solid metal valve.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    sodium: (11)/NA23

vs

compound-sodium-chloride: Cl1Na1

and if you should need to buy some sodium ingots heres the link for amazon http://www.amazon.com/Sodium-Individ.../dp/B00DODE48E

only 17 left...is there some reason why I need to buy a sodium ingot soon?

ohh this is what you do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsCopCxBbis

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    I dont think the valve is a solid sodium piece. if i remember it is hollow inside and has sodium to help dissipate heat.

here is a brief description how a sodium filled valve dissipates heat:

Sodium filled valves have a hollow head and stem filled about 60% with Sodium. Sodium has an extremely low melting point (about 100 degrees C) and boiling point (880 C). In a hard-running engine, the valves are hot enough that the sodium in the head of the valve vaporizes and travels up to the cooler stem where it condenses back to a liquid again. The phase transition from liquid to gas absorbs a lot of heat, and the condensation dumps the heat in stem where the lage metal-to-metal contact between the valve stem and guide transfers that heat to the cooling system. Without this heat pipe effect, vastly more heat would have to be transferred through the valve seat. Too much heat through the valve seat, and you get a burned valve.

Sodium-filled hollow stem valves are available for higher heat applications, and are typicallyused for the exhaust valves. The sodium inside the valve stem melts and absorbs heat from thevalve heat. As the valve opens and closes, the sodium sloshes up and down inside the valve totransfer heat from the valve head to the stem. This helps the head run cooler to reduce the risk ofvalve burning, pre-ignition and detonation. The difference in cooling is quite dramatic. With aconventional solid stem exhaust valve, 75 percent of the cooling takes place across the valve seatand 25 percent through the stem. In a sodium-filled exhaust valve, 40 percent of the cooling isthrough the stem so the valve can tolerate more heat.
    source

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    04 tarmac black ssl
    not worth buying in my opinion unless you plan to let it sit in a garage for its whole life.

Cars
    10' WW CZ4A
    Ugh... chemistry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast