Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IDesign BodyShop House Of Color Voltex Evo IX

IDesign BodyShop House Of Color Voltex Evo IX

After getting to know the shop and Mike I've decided to work with them and repaint my GG Evo to this really sweet House of Color paint. Look foward to building a long lasting relationship with them
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cars
    '03 TB Evo 8, '03 Honda Civic, & '07 Suby Outback
    Awesome, can't wait to see the final product. What's the turn-around time for a job like that?

Quote Originally Posted by jbenosa View Post
    Awesome, can't wait to see the final product. What's the turn-around time for a job like that?
    Looking at about 3weeks or so. Same here bro,kinda excited for the outcome. Will update once there's some progress

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Wow, that should be nuts. Car already looks pretty wild so should fit nicely. :) Stripping to a bare shell and doing full color change or just respraying the exterior?

Quote Originally Posted by Apex Hunter View Post
    Wow, that should be nuts. Car already looks pretty wild so should fit nicely. :) Stripping to a bare shell and doing full color change or just respraying the exterior?
    Thanks hope it goes with the car haha. Doing a full color change

Cars
    04 tarmac black ssl
    My buddy got his car painted at idesigns twice. Be careful with this guy i would hate to see another evo messed up by him.

Mr. Gangbang

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightevo04 View Post
    My buddy got his car painted at idesigns twice. Be careful with this guy i would hate to see another evo messed up by him.
    just saw a post on FB about the shop too. I know you can't believe everything you hear/see on the internets but there were quite a few people that had something to say.

Junior Moderator

Cars
    Evo 8/9
    He should hook me up with a paint job and I'll get him some good exposure lol
    Pictures on all for sale/for trade threads is being enforced!

Idesign has been a pretty bad shop for quite sometime. The article is old but his ways haven't changed and many of the cars that have come out recently with some major paint issues. I wouldn't feel confident at all taking my car to this shop

http://my350z.com/forum/the-lounge-o...0z-ruined.html

Cars
    2006 Evo IX SE / 2010 Civic DX
    He has painted a few Evos recently and NONE of them stand up for him!
    He does post their pics left and right tho

My advice;
    Talk to a few detail guys who detail cars that come out of there.

z
    E
    R
    E
    p
    cl_modifications 0

Please get your car outta there now.....

Cars
    04 tarmac black ssl
    All I am going to say is i know someone personally that went to that shop to get work done. Now, I am not making up stories about how messed up his car is. I kid you not his door jams feel like sand paper. The paint on the hood did not fully cover his car. You can see it is blotchy in places. They color sanded and buffed the whole car so that there was no orange peel and never brought that paint back to its polished look.

JayOh28 it is your decision to take your car where ever you like. I would just hate to see a car that is well built like yours get ruined. Why would you go to a place that has a bad reputation for screwing customers over? Why chance it? This guy seems cool and acts like he works with you but doesn't. My buddy had his car painted twice by him and it still isn't right. He is going back a third time and he is honestly frustrated with this whole situation. Why go through this headache? Not worth it in my opinion. Take it to DTM or someone that knows what they are doing you car is too nice to let it get ruined.

Cars
    2005 Evo MR; '98 corolla
    Thread moved to appropriate section.

How long ago was this.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeRep85RA View Post
    He has painted a few Evos recently and NONE of them stand up for him!
    He does post their pics left and right tho

My advice;
    Talk to a few detail guys who detail cars that come out of there.

z
    E
    R
    E
    p
    Will do. Thanks for the suggestions
    Last edited by JayOh28; 06-25-2015 at 09:59 PM.

BANNED
    Cars
    06 evo 9
    All I am going to say is i know someone personally that went to that shop to get work done. Now, I am not making up stories about how messed up his car is. I kid you not his door jams feel like sand paper. The paint on the hood did not fully cover his car. You can see it is blotchy in places. They color sanded and buffed the whole car so that there was no orange peel and never brought that paint back to its polished look.

JayOh28 it is your decision to take your car where ever you like. I would just hate to see a car that is well built like yours get ruined. Why would you go to a place that has a bad reputation for screwing customers over? Why chance it? This guy seems cool and acts like he works with you but doesn't. My buddy had his car painted twice by him and it still isn't right. He is going back a third time and he is honestly frustrated with this whole situation. Why go through this headache? Not worth it in my opinion. Take it to DTM or someone that knows what they are doing you car is too nice to let it get ruined.
    We actually worked on that car installing the cyber sideskirts and a few other things on it with the previous owner.

Cars
    04 tarmac black ssl
    Quote Originally Posted by DTM Autobody View Post
    We actually worked on that car installing the cyber sideskirts and a few other things on it with the previous owner.
    How was the paint job on the vehicle? Another question that i have is how is House of Kolor Paint quality and how does it compare to other brands such as PPG, DuPont, and BASF?

BANNED
    Cars
    06 evo 9
    How was the paint job on the vehicle? Another question that i have is how is House of Kolor Paint quality and how does it compare to other brands such as PPG, DuPont, and BASF?
    The body itself was oem paint, just we had to paint the sideskirts and fit them with the fenders, and a few more things. House of Kolor is more for candy paint jobs. PPG, dupont and basf are great brands. You can't go wrong any of these companies honestly. How paint comes out depends on how well the surface is prepped. Even these brands on a badly prepped car or bumper will come out bad. So its pretty important that the shop you goto knows what they are doing.

Cars
    2006 WW EVO IX MR (sold), 2006 TB EVO IX SE
    so I hear!!
    Instagram @benyuan5

tuned by KT Motoring 5/9/2015, 1/20/2016

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    evo
    I was on that FB thread about Idesigns. AFAIK, he has agreed with me to shut down operations until he trains his staff properly. Until he can prove his shop is a viable source to do body work I would stay very clear of him and the shop. Stay with a shop who is proven to be a proper business. I personally was approached to detail some of his customer cars who had the misfortune of being painted by him. I pretty much told them the paint jobs are complete trash and they were better off getting another paint job. I could have easily made tons of money off of them but to me being upfront and truthful is the best policy.

And DTM hits the nail on the head. Often times it is not the paint brand that is the issue it is the person applying it as well as the kind of equipment and environment they use as well. Improper prepping, inferior paint tools, and inferior environments will cause paint jobs to come out accordingly. So people often times have this false idea that it is the paint quality that is the problem when in actuality it isn't. Laying paint is a science in itself. It is a very meticulous process.

So to put it simply, do NOT go to Idesigns. Every car i have seen of theirs looks like crap. And all the cars you have seen in pics that look good; you see them in person and you see the car a bit better and they look like crap.

You want to save money? Trust me bodywork/detailing is the last place you want to skimp out on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast