Thread: Track time

Track time

I was just wondering what track do you guys go to the most. Also how do you guys setup track time with the track. I figured since I have a Evo I might as well see what it can do. Not sure if this is the right section or not to post this in.

Cars
    EvoX MR, Porsche GT3, C250, Imprezza, SkiDoo MXZ, Yeti SB66C,Tony Kart EVRR
    easiest track to start is streets of willow. Also good start is autocross, only up to 3rd gear and only around cones. speed ventures and extreme speed have instructors to help you on their track days. see their respective web sites.

Streets of Willow is the only road track I can think of within socal. They have a scheduled list of events on their website here. There are auto crosses all over. The first few google results
    gives tons of info. Dragging is fun and cheap. Irwindale has an 1/8 and Fontana has a 1/4. Bring a helmet for Fontana.

Hyundai also has a proving ground near willow. You'll need coveralls and a hard hat.

Cars
    '14 Evo X MR, '06 TSX, '99 Prelude
    So-cal has plenty of tracks. Streets of Willow, Big Willow, Chuckwalla Raceway, Buttonwillow, and Autoclub speedway. You can't really go wrong with any of them.

We do a have Motorsports activity thread, but I don't think it gets any traffic. Mosh and Extremespeed were giving away free track days a few weeks back and only 2 people took up on the offer lol.

Thanks for all the info guys. I just got a new set of pilot super sports so I wanted to test them out.

Cars
    2012 EVO WW
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO_DREAMER View Post
    Thanks for all the info guys. I just got a new set of pilot super sports so I wanted to test them out.
    Let us know how you like the MPSS. I plan on buying some soon.

Not So Newbie
    All of the mentioned tracks are just too far from me...
    2006 Evo IX GSR E85
    5150 Tuned 435WHP/431WTQ

I had MPSS on my stockers the last time I went to SOW. They were great to me, once they had a little heat in them, they were gripping all day long. Theyre pricey, but a great all around tire

Wish I could pay just for some private skid pad time at SOW. I don't want anyone looking at me like I'm trying to drift or something, I just want to get more confident at saving it.

Guess I'll look at the autocross stuff.