Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Time to upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by evo_jfa View Post
    ^ that torque. Any reason to have this issue? have you considered another clutch?
    Ha! yeah, it's plenty fast enough for me to be honest.

As for the clutch, I know there's other options out there but I ran this same setup for 25k and it never skipped a beat. I'm not sure why this happened as installing a clutch is hard work but simple and not much to mess up. I honestly think it was a faulty part but who know's. I ordered the new race version disk and it'll be here tomorrow, which I plan on taking a measurement of the metal thickness to see if the two are different. I know the friction material is different between the race and street version but wouldn't think the metal thickness would be any different between the two. I sent MAP pictures and they hadn't seen this happen before but since it's a wear part I didn't get any help in the price department.
    Tscomptuned<br />E85--537HP 474TQ

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    sorry to see the carnage from the filter but it's looking good now. Hopefully i'll see it in action out at El Toro.

Quote Originally Posted by Apex Hunter View Post
    sorry to see the carnage from the filter but it's looking good now. Hopefully i'll see it in action out at El Toro.
    I'll be there for sure. I might be the slowest person out there but I'm really excited to try it out. Do you bring an easy up or anything like that for shade?? I've been to a few bicycle races out there and it can get warm if you don't bring an easyup.

Cars
    The one i might normally use is currently at our other store...in Oregon :/ I think i might have a friend with one i can borrow. The tricky part can be keeping it from blowing away. Should be easy enough though.

Are you planning on going on Saturday or Sunday? I think one of the other guys on here, Tristan Holtz might be going out there too.

I got some weights that'll keep mine from blowing away. My wife might come with me and I don't want her to have to sit around in the sun if she wants to stay back while I have the car out.

I'm going on Sunday. I wanted to go Saturday but I go to the JDM classic car show in long beach every year with a good friend and I don't want to miss that. He usually brings his RX4 which I love to cruise around in. What day are you heading out??

Cars
    Good looking out...i didn't realize that coincided with JCCS weekend! I guess i need to sign up for Sunday!

Good looking out...i didn't realize that coincided with JCCS weekend! I guess i need to sign up for Sunday!
    No problem! My friend had to remind me when I told him I was planning on attending the Saturday El Torro Event.

I got roughly 400 miles on the new quartermaster race version. I've noticed the race version is a tad quieter then the street version but the grab is harsher compared. I didn't really take pictures because I was fed up with the car and wanted to get it back together. I'm thinking of doing a write up with pictures explaining how to machine the TOB for a stroker motor because theirs really nothing going around about it. I read a few threads where they explain it a little but nothing detailed and this is extremely important to know.

So, I finally got the car back on the road. It decided to break down just before the septembers autocross event when I was out driving it. I put a good amount of miles on the car before it broke down...even went on a 300 mile road trip with zero issues! Then, I took it out and when I was merging onto the 405 it completly died. I did some testing and it was a bad map sensore (Omni 4bar). I purchased one from Cobb and it failed two days later. I got in touch with Omni and they told me they were upgrading the capacitors in the new batch and I would have two replacements in the mail by the end of the week. Like clock work they came in and the car is finally back up and going. I really couldn't say enough about omni and the customer support!

Cars
    ^That's rad! Good to know! Glad the car is back up. You up for Big Willow next month maybe?

^That's rad! Good to know! Glad the car is back up. You up for Big Willow next month maybe?
    I would love to go and down the line the car will be set up for bigger tracks but need a trailer before I commit to something like that. You going??

Cars
    I think i'm going to end up skipping that one, and doing Buttonwillow on 12/3 instead.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234