Thread: Need help passing smog!

Cars
    2008 WW Evo X GSR

Need help passing smog!

I have a 2008 Evo I bought 2 years ago from a dealership and a few months ago I had a boost leak so i took to a shop and found out it had a tune on it but its stock with only a catback. So I've tried passing smog 4 different times in 3 different shops and it has failed every time. Right when they hook up the computer they don't get any codes and they're clueless to why it doesn't. The last guy I took it to told me to take it to the dealership and fine out if theres a trick or something to pass. So I did and the dealership was clueless also until they found out it had a tune. They said that's probably the reason why it doesn't pass and they tried to do a reflash but his computer didn't let him. He told me to take it to a tuning shop to reflash it back to stock and I got quoted for $500!! I was wondering if there's some one that can help me out with the reflash.

Try contacting KT Motoring or RRE, I'm guessing they might be able to enable some things without having to retune.

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    ^ This is a good idea.

Call Alfred at tuning technologies in colton
    = for all your needs call Alfred@TTech -909-783-1200

Cars
    EVO X SE
    If fuel injectors are changed from OEM spec to 1000+ cc for better performance etc and a tune changing factory parameters will these changes constitute a smog failer, even though you might be running clear due to e85?

SoCalEvo.net Shop

EVO shops that I know of that do tuning dont charge $500 to flash a car back to stock. That is free in my country. A proper tune is $500 however. Owning a used previously modded EVO means you need to start a relationship with an EVO shop regardless.

Mike W