Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 100k Club

Evolved
    UPDATE: its been a while since i posted lol just paid her off last week as she sits at 152K with no major issues.. no issues at all really. had to get the smog done for the first time in Jan, she is due for a tune up. running strong still with the basic bolt ons that every other evo has. going to see about getting new front end parts (bumper, lip, fmic, hood) since the current parts are pretty beat due to the DD. Hope everyone else's is still running smooth

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    nice! do you have any recent pics?

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    RS Evolution IX Rally Red
    Im @ 150k

10 years with the Evo on February 12th

I was at Glendale Mitsu ... New front Tie Bars, Alternator and a few more TLC parts

It feels Stock AF after the turn around haaa

Evolved
    i dont unfortunately, let me see if i can pull some up lol i still look back at her when i park and walk away. unfortunately i have hit a couple of rabbits on my way to work this past year so my right front bumper is beat. i contacted insurance recently since its now paid off and just gotta pay the deductible to get it all like new. unfortunately the mitsu paint is crappy lol she has some restoring coming later this year for sure. I always find myself amazed at how well built these cars are. My dad has my old VIII and it still runs good.

Evolved
    a few pics from when i first got her. had the GTUs before i got the car actually lol and a pic of the Viii thats still in the family

evo1.jpgevo2.jpgevo4.jpgevo3.jpg

Evolved
    here are some filtered shots. then after i sold the GTUs and had some crappy temporary stockers, had the cf hood and trunk.. to the current wheels and red trunk. last pic is probably the most recent with the evo 8

evo8.jpgevo7.jpgevo5.jpgevo6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TARMAC_GSR View Post
    i dont unfortunately, let me see if i can pull some up lol i still look back at her when i park and walk away. unfortunately i have hit a couple of rabbits on my way to work this past year so my right front bumper is beat. i contacted insurance recently since its now paid off and just gotta pay the deductible to get it all like new. unfortunately the mitsu paint is crappy lol she has some restoring coming later this year for sure. I always find myself amazed at how well built these cars are. My dad has my old VIII and it still runs good.
    I agree. My friend has a 2004 IS300 and I had to help her out with it yesterday, and it seems like it's falling apart. I know it's an anomaly, but she's the original owner and when she was younger her dad usually made sure the appropriate maintenance was done (and it seems like he and I were in agreement with what is wrong with her car), but she's always curious how my Evo is in such good condition.

Evolved
    yea man, Mitsu does it right. sad when the Evo stopped production. hopefully they dont try to bring it back in the future and try to cheapen the production.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    dang thats impressive with how many miles you already have on it. my daily driver (2012 Sportback) has nearly as much miles as you. so far my only routine maintenance was oil changes (all synthetic), one transmission fluid change at 30K (CVT) and now on my third set of tires. it currently is loged at 945xx miles. i checked my brakes and even had a shop look at them. not yet glazed over and the rotors are still fine. they are still the OEM brakes and it looks like ill hit 120K before I need to replace them.

for all the crappy quality rep Mitsubishi gets, these cars are surprisingly well put together.

Sportback Evolution MR

Evolved
    still havent gotten a second car but i am certainly considering mitsubishi. probably one of those Raider trucks lol if i can find a decent used one

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by TARMAC_GSR View Post
    still havent gotten a second car but i am certainly considering mitsubishi. probably one of those Raider trucks lol if i can find a decent used one
    the Raider is just a rebadged dodge dakota. if you are looking for a pickup around that size, the colorado would be nice with the diesel option. or you could go get the Tacoma, which some Evo owners seem to prefer.

I made it a point to ride my daily to the ground to avoid putting miles on the Evo. not having a daily was my first mistake with my previous Evos. not anymore lol

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Love my minivan

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    lol for carrying parts those you cant beat

Sportback Evolution MR

not having a daily was my first mistake with my previous Evos
    I need to do that. All my evos were daily drivers. Most of the time it was okay but sometimes I would work on my car and fk something up. Then I'm like oh sheat, how am I going to get to work tomorrow? Then I'd have to call in sick lol..

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by lowballevo View Post
    I need to do that. All my evos were daily drivers. Most of the time it was okay but sometimes I would work on my car and fk something up. Then I'm like oh sheat, how am I going to get to work tomorrow? Then I'd have to call in sick lol..
    exactly.

the last thing I want is to take out my daily driver. heck my dd has been through so much im impressed its held together considering the daily grind it does. now I dont abuse it at all, but it does a lot of what it's asked for.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    2011 Evolution MR
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Hunter View Post
    Love my minivan
    These should work for a daily right...?
    unicorn-slippers.jpg

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan Holtz View Post
    These should work for a daily right...?
    unicorn-slippers.jpg

Sportback Evolution MR

Evolved
    PAID IN FULL!!! sent the last payment earlier this month. great feeling for sure. I have already flirted with the idea of selling her as I am in the process of buying a house. I think I will enjoy having no payments for now

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    congrats! I say keep it. dont sell. enjoy the no car payments for a while.

Sportback Evolution MR

Congrats! I agree, just enjoy not having payments for a bit. I paid my IX SE off back in 2010 a little ahead of schedule, and it's been nice to save up all that money since then.

I've been tempted over the years to get something new (especially when my brother got a new 3-Series), but even into my 30s, I still really love this car.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast