Thread: 10/31/2015 Track day at Buttonwillow #13 CW

Cars
    '14 Evo X MR, '06 TSX, '99 Prelude

10/31/2015 Track day at Buttonwillow #13 CW

Me and Apex Hunter went to Buttonwillow for the first time and it was awesome! The track is faster and more technical than streets of willow. It took me a good part of the day to get used to it. Ended the day with a ham-fisted 2:18.322. My car is so stock it still has the factory tires and alignment. I have 3 track days on them with 15k miles and 4/32" tread left. Should still last me 1 or 2 more track events. Surprisingly I am getting pretty good life out of these advans.......which means I'm not driving aggressively/fast enough lol.

While we were there we met a group of people that had their own run group reserved. Gives me the idea to have a socalevo meet at the track and set up our own run group, how cool would that be!

Got some good video and pictures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spPUgVQ9Vdw (Used torque app and dashware to overlay telemetry)

This wasn't actually an action shot, there was a red flag and everybody had to stop on track. Red flag was thrown because an evo X caught on fire and spilled oil on the track. :\

Cars
    2011 Evolution MR
    Looks like a great time, I'll have to try and catch up with you guys and hit the track when my transmission comes back.

Cars
    '14 Evo X MR, '06 TSX, '99 Prelude
    What happened to your trans? is it being rebuilt?

Cars
    2011 Evolution MR
    Long story short, previous owner cracked the case and JB welded it. Me being a in a rush/inexperienced at used-car buying neglected to have it inspected. 7 months later it starts leaking. So it's been over at Jacks for a couple months either being welded/replaced/rebuilt.... I guess they're slammed with SSTs from the sound of it.

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Yeah Tristan, hope to see you out there soon!

Nice video, i like the overlay. Yes, would be great to get a little socalevo bbq and track meat going with a private run group!

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    so you guys went on a date and didn't tell us? shame....shame....

j/k looks like a fun time man. hopefully we can put a meet together like that. im still working on getting a meet done before the end of the year but its just been difficult.

Sportback Evolution MR

Looking good, I was there on Sunday. Apparently the red flag is now known as the "evo flag."

I'll be there Dec 6 as well.

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    during the driver's meeting on Saturday, once again the red flag was referred to as the "Evo Flag". I was deeply offended, sounded more like another "Subaru Flag" to me. Well, low and behold, a few short hours later, a white X literally BBQ'd itself out there and left an oil slick out on Truck Stop. Red flag lol. Then full course black and track shutdown for 1/2 hour. SMH.

I'll be back out there on 12/5.