At the risk of sounding like such a noob, i have come to SCE to ask for some dire help. My clutch gave out about a month ago and decided to take matters into my own hands. originally, i was driving in stop and go traffic, when i noticed my clutch pedal popped up as soon as i stepped on it to shift from first to second. after that the pedal was loose, and the car wouldnt go into any gear even when i pressed the extremely loose pedal. so i towed it home and hit the books.

I followed evomoto.com's guide on how to replace a clutch. the guide was for a 5 speed, i have a six, so i did my research and accommodated accordingly. After handling everything and removing everything that needed to be, now im having a tough time lowering the transmission, and im not sure if i popped the TOB out of place correctly. i placed a screwdriver between the collar and the TOB and twisted it so that the collar and the TOB were separated, or atleast it looked seperated. so i figured it was out and proceeded *trying* to lower the tranny. after two days, i still havent been able to. i also noticed a broken clutch fork spring and what looks like a piece of the bell housing that holds the clutch fork hanging out on the bottom of the bell housing.

anyone have any insight on how to remove the transmission? and regarding the broken bits, on a scale of one to fucked, how far up my ass do i have this t-case output shaft? any help will be greatly appreciated.