Thread: Mayday! mayday! Clutch/transmission problem.

Cars
    GG IX MR

Mayday! mayday! Clutch/transmission problem.

At the risk of sounding like such a noob, i have come to SCE to ask for some dire help. My clutch gave out about a month ago and decided to take matters into my own hands. originally, i was driving in stop and go traffic, when i noticed my clutch pedal popped up as soon as i stepped on it to shift from first to second. after that the pedal was loose, and the car wouldnt go into any gear even when i pressed the extremely loose pedal. so i towed it home and hit the books.

I followed evomoto.com's guide on how to replace a clutch. the guide was for a 5 speed, i have a six, so i did my research and accommodated accordingly. After handling everything and removing everything that needed to be, now im having a tough time lowering the transmission, and im not sure if i popped the TOB out of place correctly. i placed a screwdriver between the collar and the TOB and twisted it so that the collar and the TOB were separated, or atleast it looked seperated. so i figured it was out and proceeded *trying* to lower the tranny. after two days, i still havent been able to. i also noticed a broken clutch fork spring and what looks like a piece of the bell housing that holds the clutch fork hanging out on the bottom of the bell housing.

anyone have any insight on how to remove the transmission? and regarding the broken bits, on a scale of one to fucked, how far up my ass do i have this t-case output shaft? any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    it's like to me that you need this tool... M8x1.25 bolt. you need to be creative in case you don't have this tool.

step_385.jpeg

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    So yo haven't removed the output shaft from the trans ?? If you don't have a slide hammer like evo_jfa just posted then get the bolt that screws into the shaft an attach a chain to it an tug on it hard till it wants to slide out. Trust me it works, cuz I've done it when my buddy wasn't home to barrow his slide hammer lol.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by rawger View Post
    So yo haven't removed the output shaft from the trans ?? If you don't have a slide hammer like evo_jfa just posted then get the bolt that screws into the shaft an attach a chain to it and tug on it hard till it wants to slide out. Trust me it works, cuz I've done it when my buddy wasn't home to barrow his slide hammer lol.
    "So slide that shaft and tug on it hard. Trust me it works, cuz I've done my buddy."

My god Roger. Thats all you right there.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    jajaaj pro-efficient communication course for free

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    "So slide that shaft and tug on it hard. Trust me it works, cuz I've done my buddy."

Lmao ya that buddy was you big mac.

Cars
    GG IX MR
    Quote Originally Posted by evo_jfa View Post
    it's like to me that you need this tool... M8x1.25 bolt. you need to be creative in case you don't have this tool.

step_385.jpeg
    So yo haven't removed the output shaft from the trans ?? If you don't have a slide hammer like evo_jfa just posted then get the bolt that screws into the shaft an attach a chain to it an tug on it hard till it wants to slide out. Trust me it works, cuz I've done it when my buddy wasn't home to barrow his slide hammer lol.
    oh no the drive shaft is out. i used a bolt and a socket to pull that out. at this point every thing that needs to be disconnected is, motor mounts and everything. the only doubt i had was the TOB not popping off. i had a flat screwdriver rotated 90 degrees between the wedge collar and the TOB but now it seems like i may have not disconnected it properly since there pieces of bell housing missing :,(

Cars
    GG IX MR
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post

lmao! i knew using words like output shaft was dangerous!

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    Are you pushin the clutch fork wile twisting the screwdriver to separate the two ??

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    There's a video on how to do it. I'll find it for you an post the link.

Cars
    GG IX MR
    Are you pushin the clutch fork wile twisting the screwdriver to separate the two ??
    yessir! had my pops hold it open as i twisted the screwdriver. once the screwdriver "opened" the collar wedge and TOB i left it there to make sure it was off.

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    Here you go bro. Hope this helps. Everything else as the mounts are all cake to do.

http://youtu.be/4-x6a_LF1J8

Cars
    GG IX MR
    Here you go bro. Hope this helps. Everything else as the mounts are all cake to do.

http://youtu.be/4-x6a_LF1J8
    thanks alot man! the TOB never popped liked that. just slid all the way down.

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    No problem bro. Hope that helped