Thread: Looking for coilovers, need feedback on these i found on google. Prime Suspension...

Cars
    2015 Evolution X

Looking for coilovers, need feedback on these i found on google. Prime Suspension...

This is a subsidiary company from Fortune Auto and they are selling their Prime Suspension Coilovers for 950.

I also noticed them being advertised in Superstreet.

Can anyone give me a clue or some kind of feedback on this suspension System? And if they are comparable to other brands?

I'm assuming with 950 they are entry level... I mean you get what you pay for right?

Cars
    06 EB Evo IX GSR / 21 Type R
    Cheap parts...expect performance? Might as well stay stock.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
    Cars
    5150 flexfuel tuned 14/ww CZ4A/07 CT9A MR
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrenalOverdose View Post
    This is a subsidiary company from Fortune Auto and they are selling their Prime Suspension Coilovers for 950.

I also noticed them being advertised in Superstreet.

Can anyone give me a clue or some kind of feedback on this suspension System? And if they are comparable to other brands?

I'm assuming with 950 they are entry level... I mean you get what you pay for right?
    http://www.primesuspension.com/technology.htm

things my dad taught me:
    1. if it looks to good to be true it is.
    2. you get what you pay for, there are no bargains
    3. two kinds of people the: quick and the dead.
    4.buy the most expensive TP.
    5.never buy cheap BOOZE.

and look here

http://www.socalevo.net/threads/2334...ilovers-for-sa

I wouldn't go less then $1300 for new coilovers and that's who ever makes them. if you just wannna lower your car get H&R or tein S they both are about or close to 2" drop but only for looks,not improved driving characteristics. if you want that you go swift-R, but your car looks stock. save your money till you can get something nice.

just got off the phone with FA: prime they are sold and warranty's are handled from thier HQ in VA. they are not hand assembled or bespoke in anyway, nay share parts the the 5 product line.. they get the prodruct fully packaged from thier vender. he did say they do test them before they go out.
    Last edited by jiGGypiGGy; 01-29-2016 at 07:28 PM.

Fortune auto is the cheapest I would go on coilovers, they aren't too much more than the ones you posted

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
    Cars
    5150 flexfuel tuned 14/ww CZ4A/07 CT9A MR
    Quote Originally Posted by kada85 View Post
    Fortune auto is the cheapest I would go on coilovers, they aren't too much more than the ones you posted
    feal too, thier base come with swift: http://www.rallyracingsuspension.com/page16.php

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    ^Word. The guys over at Feal know what they are doing. They design all their own damping curves, spec all their own parts, and build everything right here in Ontario. Granted, a lot of the basic external componentry comes from Asia, but this is the same thing that Fortune does, just Fortune has a little bit stronger marketing game so far. We became a dealer for Feal last summer, and i vetted them first. I spoke with a number of people using them in competition or for HPDE, and everyone had great feedback. I ended up buying a set.

To the OP:

This is a marketing strategy from Fortune. Remember in the late 80s when the big Japanese automakers released their up-market brands? This is similar. Rather than build a "world class" luxury sedan with the Toyota brand name, the LS400 hit the market as a Lexus, a Premium brand.

Fortune is the Premium brand. Prime is more of an Economy brand. I'm sure it's a decent product if you are just looking to go low at that price point and don't need lots of performance.