Thread: New member in OC

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    Evolution X

New member in OC

What's up guys. Sold my evo X a few years ago and looking to go back to an evo. IX or X. Something built already as my last car was built.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Welcome! post pics!

Sportback Evolution MR

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    Evolution X
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Welcome! post pics!
    I have a few I can post

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    Evolution X
    I was going to post using html but here is a link

https://www.instagram.com/p/kNb9OIRHDR/

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    Evolution X
    It was a 2008 gsr with an FP black on stock block. Had future plans to get the most out of the turbo but it never came to happen. Had to sell both cars

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    Evolution X
    Can you give me your opinion on this car?

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/5408867830.html

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    Evolution X
    Welcome! post pics!
    Can you give me your opinion on the car? You seem to be a veteran around here

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/5408867830.html

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Its low miles for the age, but like with anything modified, I'd try to do a bit more research behind the scenes. All the ad tells me is that its been modified to within an inch of its life.

Since its based in SD, with that many modifications, its likely a member or two from the San Diego Evo crowd knows the owner. They will probably be able to tell you more about the car to make an informed decision.

good luck!

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    That's good advice. +1

Welcome back!

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    Evolution X
    Its low miles for the age, but like with anything modified, I'd try to do a bit more research behind the scenes. All the ad tells me is that its been modified to within an inch of its life.

Since its based in SD, with that many modifications, its likely a member or two from the San Diego Evo crowd knows the owner. They will probably be able to tell you more about the car to make an informed decision.

good luck!
    By inches of its life are you referring to the power levels for a stock bottom end? I think boost was around 24psi. Not sure though

Are you familiar with current market values? I have been away from these types of cars for awhile. Does the price seem reasonable?

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by HBevoX View Post
    By inches of its life are you referring to the power levels for a stock bottom end? I think boost was around 24psi. Not sure though

Are you familiar with current market values? I have been away from these types of cars for awhile. Does the price seem reasonable?
    within an inch i mean almost the entire engine/powertrain has been modified. nothing about that car is stock.

selling to a private party, based on miles and average vehicle condition you are looking at no more than $22K. so what he is trying to do is recoup the cost of the modifications. sadly, that almost never happens. you eat the mods you put on your car when you sell it. its just the way it is. thats why most try to get the car back to stock.

so for the mileage, its overpriced. i just cant justify the mods since i wouldnt do that to my own car, but thats just personal preference.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    2005 Evo MR; '98 corolla
    I wouldnt pay for the car with those mods as is. I see 20-21K no more for a car with that mileage stock in good condition. something that heavily modified wont ever classify as excellent condition.

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    Evolution X
    within an inch i mean almost the entire engine/powertrain has been modified. nothing about that car is stock.

selling to a private party, based on miles and average vehicle condition you are looking at no more than $22K. so what he is trying to do is recoup the cost of the modifications. sadly, that almost never happens. you eat the mods you put on your car when you sell it. its just the way it is. thats why most try to get the car back to stock.

so for the mileage, its overpriced. i just cant justify the mods since i wouldnt do that to my own car, but thats just personal preference.

I see what you are saying. More of personal preference. Definitely heavily modified but seems to be done the right way. And if a stock car is worth around 22k and I was planing on modifying it anyway then buying a car done the right way saves a lot in the long run.

I guess it's comes down to what shops and how aggressive the tune is. Obviously I want longevity as well

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    Evolution X
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskers View Post
    I wouldnt pay for the car with those mods as is. I see 20-21K no more for a car with that mileage stock in good condition. something that heavily modified wont ever classify as excellent condition.
    Can you elaborate why? Do you keep your car stock?

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by HBevoX View Post
    I see what you are saying. More of personal preference. Definitely heavily modified but seems to be done the right way. And if a stock car is worth around 22k and I was planing on modifying it anyway then buying a car done the right way saves a lot in the long run.

I guess it's comes down to what shops and how aggressive the tune is. Obviously I want longevity as well
    yeah. its more of personal preference.

now, if people in the SD group can vouch for the car and the owner, and can reassure you, then go ahead, go for it. personally id only buy a modified car if i knew the owner or knew the history of the car. there is absolutely nothing wrong buying a modded Evo, you just need to do your research beforehand.

thats why i recommend you checking it out with some of the people that may know the car in detail. still, its best to expect the unexpected when it comes to buying a modified car.

Sportback Evolution MR