Thread: Doing a special build for a customer overseas a Veilside Fortune widebody RX-7

BANNED
    Cars
    06 evo 9

Doing a special build for a customer overseas a Veilside Fortune widebody RX-7

We were commissioned to do this RX-7 for a customer. He wanted to basically have the tokyo drift rx-7 in all its glory.

The car assembled and prepped for fitment and paint

The car left our shop for a motor build after it was primered. a 20b 3 rotor turbo was dropped in.

It was just recently painted and awaiting assembly and completion.

Couldn't source the correct Veilside Andrew V wheels so we went to something similar with the F430 wheels by AG wheels.

Car is assembled in for buff and polish now.

Last edited by DTM Autobody; 03-02-2016 at 06:14 PM.

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Wow. I don't think i'd ever do that to an FD, but the work certainly looks amazing. And 20b swaps are always fun. Glad he's not putting a LSx into it. Nice!!

Cars
    RS Evolution IX Rally Red

BANNED
    Cars
    06 evo 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Hunter View Post
    Wow. I don't think i'd ever do that to an FD, but the work certainly looks amazing. And 20b swaps are always fun. Glad he's not putting a LSx into it. Nice!!
    The fd hasn't really held its value compared the nsx/supra so doing something like this wouldn't have hurt the value to much.

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    True, but they are creeping up a little bit. Doing better than the poor 3000GT.

I don't have anything against LSx swapped RX7s. They can be pretty potent and reliable. My Uncle had RX7s when i was growing up though, so i've always had a thing for rotaries, for better or for worse.

BANNED
    Cars
    06 evo 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Hunter View Post
    True, but they are creeping up a little bit. Doing better than the poor 3000GT.

I don't have anything against LSx swapped RX7s. They can be pretty potent and reliable. My Uncle had RX7s when i was growing up though, so i've always had a thing for rotaries, for better or for worse.
    I think the 3000gt has faired the worst among the late super cars. I think its just cause of the shitty reliability why the rx7 was the worst among the three.

Quote Originally Posted by DTM Autobody View Post

Couldn't source the correct Veilside Andrew V wheels so we went to something similar with the F430 wheels by AG wheels.
    http://www.apt9wheels.com/#!product/...ew-racing-five

BANNED
    Cars
    06 evo 9

Talked to rajeet he couldn't get me the correct offset and them in 19's. Rajeet was the one who worked on the ag wheels to get the right size's

BANNED
    Cars
    06 evo 9
    more updates on the car