Thread: Boost Leak or ???

Boost Leak or ???

Hey guys I have a Bone Stock 2006 Evo MR with 40k miles with oem gauges(Boost,volt,temp). Im the second owner. I had recently put on Injen Intake and Injen IC Piping, and noticed two things, one when shifting the RPMs would hang before dropping down, and two my boost barely peaks past 1 Bar. I assumed I had a boost leak so after I noticed this I put back on the stock piping and while the RPM hang went away, my boost hasn't changed. Never payed attention to the boost before I put on the piping so not sure if it was always doing this. Any thoughts?

Cars
    06 EB Evo IX GSR / 21 Type R
    Did you unplug your battery? Checked all hoses?

All hoses seem fine, but no didn't unplug my battery. Would that really affect boost?

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    You might do a boost leak test, and also confirm that all vacuum hoses, particularly the ones that run to and from the boost controller, are intact and in the correct places.

Speaking of which, have you confirmed that the car still has the factory boost control solenoid?

Quote Originally Posted by Apex Hunter View Post
    You might do a boost leak test, and also confirm that all vacuum hoses, particularly the ones that run to and from the boost controller, are intact and in the correct places.

Speaking of which, have you confirmed that the car still has the factory boost control solenoid?
    Yes everything on the car was 100% when I bought. Some 60 year old lady owned it and bought it brand new. I've only put 14k miles on without any mods. IC pipe and intake was the first mod I had done. How much do most shops charge for boost leak tests?

Experienced
    Cars
    8/MRS
    Where are you located? Boost leak tests are easy and if you have a compressor already I would grab one of these http://www.siliconeintakes.com/intak...essure-tester/ (just take off you MAF and measure the intake size for correct tester, you can order another silicone reducer later if you change intake sizes). You put a tire gauge on there, put pressure on it and see where you get leaks. Maybe a spray bottle with some soap as well.