Thread: Passing Smog

Passing Smog

Anybody know a shop that can help pass smog? I recently got tuned for e85 and keep getting a p0171 lean code. It hasn't come on in a couple days but I can't get 2 out of the 6 readiness to come on. I drive around for an hr and it still won't go "ready". During my first inspection I passed everything but the readiness code wasn't ready. Thanks in advance.

Experienced
    Cars
    8/MRS
    That is a post MAF intake leak. Your car is seeing unmetered air.

You can do leak tests easily if you have a compressor already. I would grab one of these http://www.siliconeintakes.com/intak...essure-tester/ (just take off you MAF and measure the intake size for correct tester). You put a tire gauge on there, put pressure on it and see where it leaks.

Cars
    2011 Evolution MR
    Quote Originally Posted by MeKsEvoX View Post
    Anybody know a shop that can help pass smog? I recently got tuned for e85 and keep getting a p0171 lean code. It hasn't come on in a couple days but I can't get 2 out of the 6 readiness to come on. I drive around for an hr and it still won't go "ready". During my first inspection I passed everything but the readiness code wasn't ready. Thanks in advance.
    A dirty MAF can cause this code too. I had it go off after over applying oil to my air filter. Had it cleaned it and have been P0171 free since.