Thread: Need some help with set up

Need some help with set up

I got feal coilovers and was wondering what mm size sway bars are best for evo 8 front and rear any suggestions will help thank you guys

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Have you installed those Feals? How do you like them? Are you using the default 8K/8K spring rates?

Choosing sway bars depends a bit on the rest of your setup, as well what you are trying to accomplish. Spring rates play into this, as does the rest of your suspension setup.

Are you trying to dial out understeer? Seems like a lot of folks choose to just go with a bigger rear bar to make the car a bit more neutral or even make it oversteer a bit when lifting off the throttle and/or trail braking.

Actually not yet i wanted to get the sway bars so I can install all at once But I have been texting my friends and they are suggesting waiting after I set coils just didn't want to do the double work if I didn't have to but will let you know about the feal when I do so

Cars
    Cool. I have a set of Feals too. Next month they're going on. They've been sitting in my closet since June. I like to make one setup change at a time, then take it to the track and see how it works. It's been helping me get a better idea of cause and effect, and what does what. Also i don't have a lot of money, so this helps me savor the flavor of every tweak and every mod haha. So next month i'll install the Feals, then align & corner balance, then back to the track on 4/30.

I'll maybe mess with sway bars at some point in the future, but first i want to see how much i can improve the handling with a good corner balance/alignment and experimenting with dampening settings. When the time is right, I'll probably do a rear bar first, and most likely the Progress rear bar. We'll see how that goes. Many people have been able to get a fast, good handling car with properly chosen spring rates, a good rear bar, and a good alignment. Since the front bar is a royal bitch to install, if i don't need to touch it, i won't.

That's what's up man wears having an install party at a friends on the 30th should be fun

Cars
    Nice! Yeah let us know how it goes/how you like em.

Will do as soon as I install them