Thread: brake problem.?

Cars
    mitsubishi lancer evolution viii

brake problem.?

I have been having a noise appear when I start braking at around 50 mph, its an ongoing humming sound and I also feel it in the brake pedal. When I brake hard my brakes will lock up and sort of pull to the right.. I have replaced recently replaced my wheel bearing and installed coilovers.. Any idea what might be the problem.?

Hi, My car always had some sort of braking problems. Yesterday, I found some kind of vibrations on braking.I doubted if it’s due to my bad driving habits. I thought if the brakes were loose? Or was it the problem with the rotors?

Finally , I found out my car's problem from a blog on a car care centre website.

It is probably the damaged rotors.

Cars
    mitsubishi lancer evolution viii
    Really.? it would make sense in a way I bought some non brand drilled n slotted rotors probably about a year ago, maybe the brembos are to much for the rotors.?

I'm not really sure . If you can't figure out may be u should take it to a local work shop?

may be you should check the rotors and brake pads.pedal vibration usually occurs when disc is uneven so if it has any wear skim the rotor a check whether it happens again

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    It is generally not the rotor itself that is warped, but the transfer layer of pad material on the surface. The good thing about this is that by switching to even a compound that is just slightly more aggressive, or sometimes even a really good re-bedding will smooth things out again. I have found this to be true over and over again with customer's cars.

Stoptech/Centric wrote this article some time ago, and it goes into detail.
    In fact every case of "warped brake disc" that I have investigated, whether on a racing car or a street car, has turned out to be friction pad material transferred unevenly to the surface of the disc. This uneven deposition results in thickness variation (TV) or run-out due to hot spotting that occurred at elevated temperatures.
    http://www.stoptech.com/technical-su...nd-other-myths