Thread: Boost leak help

Boost leak help

car goes to 15lbs and then starts to restrict the boost from increasing. Normally car is tuned at 24lbs with big turbo and cams. No code lights come. Reset battery and still does it. I have a Cobb 3 port boost solenoid and I notice that one port goes to the waste gate, the other port goes at the top of the turbo, and the last port has a line that connects to nothing. I cannot find out where that last port connects to.

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    The last port is a breather. As the BC bleeds off pressure between the pressure source and the WG actuator, it goes out that breather port. I have mine routed to a nipple on the intake.

As far as the topic of your post goes, as long as that breather port is un-restricted (as in, no debris got in there and clogged it up), it would not cause an issue being open like that. It might not be a bad idea to put a little filter on there, or a hose barb so you can direct it somewhere.

Have you done a boost leak test yet?

No I have no yet, I don't know how to do one.

Cars
    Cheap and easy! Here you go.

Make the tester for $6: http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo...er-5-02-a.html

Nice write up on the testing part: http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo...g-how-why.html

Alternatively, take it over to RRE or your shop of choice and have them do it.

Now I'm thinking it's more of a boost cut if there is any difference? I check all the lines every thing looks intact. Car will still pick up but the boost stops at 15lbs.

Cars
    Who tuned you? Have you spoken with them about this?

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    run the boost leak test. Once you reach an specific boost, it's when leaks appear. Other check if WG is connected in you have stock alike WG.