Thread: MAF swapped help plz

Cars
    Evo 8. 545i

MAF swapped help plz

Hey people. I toke my evo to road race engineering i was having some trouble with idel(wpuldnt go over 3500rpm). So they said ecu wasnt programed right so they mapped it. When i left my car wouldnt go over 60mph and rpm wouldnt go more than 3000rpm, was worst than when i toke it in. I got home i swapped my MAF from evo to lancer MAF its driving good. I called them they said its because i dont have original coils. So i was wondering if that would actually affect it. Having after market(autozone) coils would make my car not go over 60mph. But like i said i just swich MAF to lancer non evo and it runs good. Can hit 120mph or higher and rpm can go up to 7000rpm.
    Im not sure if my car its actually running good i mean it is but not sure if its like every other normal evo. Help please.

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    highly recommended to use oem coils. that issue about speed could be related valet option on modded ECU image. take it to them again. I highly recommend look for Honda Robert for help (tall guy with glasses). he is very good guy and can explain you what it's really happening. Explain all that you did, no need to hide thinks with him or even with Mike W.

Cars
    Evo 8. 545i
    Thank you very much. Ima have to look for oem coils. But i will take it back ask to talk to him thank you for your help.

SoCalEvo.net Shop

We know about it. He came in on 6/24. He came in with a Lancer MAF and RC1000cc injectors, Rick scaled the injectors correctly, and we installed his EVO MAF. It idled OK but would miss badly under load, we checked out his weird coils and told him this may be part of the issue. He said he had factory coils at home and we told him it would be wise to install those. We even swapped out his aftermarket BOV for a factory plastic one we had laying around.

The background on the car was that he bought it with no motor and had someone else swap in a used engine that he didn’t have a background on. They couldn’t get the car to run right so they got it running with the lancer maf and sent it on its way. So in the time he has owned the car it hasn’t ran right.

We told him he could leave the car and we could check it out further since it wasn’t 100% but he didn’t want to leave the car that day. He was supposed to make an appointment once he had his factory coils to bring the car in for more diagnostic work. We have not heard back since.

Mike W

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    OP, i would bring the car back to RRE so they can figure this out for you. And please take their direction. Money spent now for proper diagnosis will save money and time later.

Cars
    2011 Evolution MR
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Hunter View Post
    And please take their direction.
    +1 for not being an armchair expert

Cars
    Evo 8. 545i
    Yeah will sure take it back im just trying to get factory coils. I dont have my older ones no more. Engine was put back togeter by us. We have machine shop. Only bad thing it had was the cranckshaft. Engine was fully rebulit.
    And for regarding the guys from rre i didnt want to leave it because i wasnt 100% sure i had coils and didnt want to leave the car. It was going to be taking space i know how that feels we have shop and know how that goes. I called on tuesday around 3 this lady answer and she asked for info and just told me that they were gojng to call me back in 10 mins. I didnt get call back but then again i know you guys dont have to call people back the customer needs their things done we as customers need to call again. So i did im not sure who i spoke with but i ask how much was coild they gave me a price and i let him know i wasnt going to take the car. But when i get the coils ill take it back.