Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MOD 2016 Picture Thread

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    That actually doesnt look too bad. i really didnt notice that until now.

Sportback Evolution MR

SoCalEvo.net Shop

Macky, for prices email is best. I cant forward PMs well to the parts guy Robert very well. [email protected]

Found car pics! The English racing drag car:

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    looking good Mike and sounds good. I sent an email for the inquiry. Thank you!

Sportback Evolution MR

SoCalEvo.net Shop

WRECKED LANCER!

Shooting wide

Big Sky

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    So may pics Mike. specially the once with the RRE models

how many cars in the dyno? I heard WW ER made +1k hp, but not sure if now X stand up and getting more hp this year. Looks like X builds are not interested to break +1k records established by 4G63 legendary iron block...

SoCalEvo.net Shop

Only 3 cars on the dyno. Everyone else was put off and skerd by English Racing. They all knew that Albert's car from Reese was good for close to 1,000. Add to that the specter of the English Racing car blowing over that they all just went "pass" when pushed to come on down.

So for a warm up and to make some noise we conscripted Mueller's road racing car that was parked next door and it made 470 right off the track from Laguna Seca (after gapping the plugs). Ball bearing BBK, 2.3, E85.

Then Lucas English brought his car over and it made 1156 whp and 660 ft lbs torque. I think they run what is essentially a 78/82 from Borg Warner on a 2.0

Then Reese brought over Albert's car. He has a FP/Tial 67mm "Super 94" something on a 2.3. 912 whp and the king of torque for the day at 693 ft lbs.

All EVO 8s. I axed the cute EVO X s if they wanted to run and they all listed excuses. We always keep space on the schedule for any GVR4, VR4, DSM or EVO X that can make at least 600 to help put on a show. No one wanted to get on. We had a tuned customer EVO X that was capable of 800 but he rolled in on 91 So Mueller got a default 3rd place and some free Zeitronix stuff. 2nd got a set of free Nitto tires and 1st got a set of Motegi wheels.

The three RRE race cars that were there are all currently running 2.3s with 35R turbos and hitting right at 600 whp and 500 torque on E85.

Mike W

Ban Hammer

Cars
    Hybrid Power!
    awesome pics!
    Matrix Chat: @crankmosh:matrix.msghide.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SoCalEvo.net
    Please use the REPORT POST feature to report a post, PM does NOT work well

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Mike, several years ago when AMS' Evo 8 did 1181 or whatever it was, was the dyno calibrated differently at that time?

I seem to remember that you guys calibrated the dyno within the last few years so that the numbers would be more comparable to Dynojet rather than the sometimes optimistic reputation of the Dynapack. I'm just wondering how English's 1156 stacks up to AMS' 1181.

SoCalEvo.net Shop

No calibration done. It has always been the same. 1156 is still 25 whp less than 1181. Our dyno has been tested by Dave Coleman formally of SCC Magazine now with Mazda NA to be essentially the same as a dyno jet. Also in the big 5 dyno shootout with DSport Magazine it proved the same.

In 2WD our Dynapack is dead on with a Dynojet. Particularly with lower power levels where you are not spinning the wheels. In AWD vs AWD the Dynojet strategy for calculating the drum acceleration is a little higher. For example a EVO that reads 310 on the TT Dynojet might read 300 on our Dynapack. Still a difference you could get from one day to another or inland vs closer to the coast. But is usually comes up about that much different. Of course the Dyno Dynamics locally tend to read sily low compared. And Mustang Dynos can be adjusted to read whatever you want them to whenever you want them to. Onc you start spinning the wheels on a roller dyno then all comparisons are off. They lose the power that would otherwise be measured.

A few years ago a few street racers with some odd aspirations in the pool shark game of it all hedging numbers for their competition would ask for a lower SAE or DIN style correction to show on their chart to cut the numbers by a couple percent. But you can tell always by looking at the printout. If it says "SAE (adapted)" then it is the same Dynojet-ish weather station correction that has always been used. The "calibration" can not be changed on a Dynapack. It is locked down from Dynpack.

Church's Dynapacks have a fucked up high calibration they got by accident. It got discovered several years ago. That is the only known odd duck Dynapack world wide. They wont let Dynapack fix it because they like it that way :-) That is where the "optimistic" Dynapack rumors come from. Church. So with all the hondas that they tune and the few odd EVOs, that is where that BS comes from.

Lucas English thought he would blow a clean 1100 and he pretty much did. In the middle of a hot parking lot right out of the trailer.

Mike W

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Thanks for that breakdown. Knowing that DC (RIP SCC) and D Sport have done all that testing is great, and i had no idea that Dynapack locked down the calibration. I've been scratching my head about Church's Dynapack for years. I need a Church correction factor. They measured my stock 2006 s2k at 240.x a few years ago, and that car being rated at 237 crank from the factory i was like WTF?

I took a dyno class at Saddleback College back in 2011, and they had a Mustang MD250 that we were able to mess with. Yeah, the calibration on that thing was pretty variable. We measured some healthy stock cars to try to get a beat on where it was at. That class was really fun. They also had a SuperFlow engine dyno cell too, but we mostly did carbureted engines.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123