Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Complete list of E85 stations in SoCal

Experienced
    Cars
    1995 Ford Probe GT, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6, 2013 GSR
    Thread bump for October. Real updates in the first post. Since late September, five new "coming soon" stations and two new stations have opened (Santa Ana, El Cajon).
    RRE Tuned (bolt ons, flex fuel), West End Alignment (KW v3 coils)

That's guys for the info. This was very useful.

Experienced
    Cars
    Thread bump for November. Real updates in the first post. Since late October, a handful of new "coming soon" stations have been added. No actual new stations have opened in the past month.

EDIT - San Bernardino station now open and currently selling E85 for $1.799/gallon.
    Last edited by nechronius; 11-22-2016 at 12:14 PM.

Cars
    2005 Evo VIII GSR
    Thank you guys for the updates. I still need to get larger injectors and tuning from Mr. Grey in order to run it, but there's a station 6.6 miles away in carson! Only concern becomes that's 1/2 gallon or more E85 to get there and back from my place... :-/ How far is too far to make DDing with E85 feasible? Do you guys store extra or something?

Experienced
    Cars
    You should ask the Bakersfield folks what they have to go through to get E85 (Hint: 140-160 mile round trips and many, many large containers). You could take an extra gas can with you to help top up between fill-ups. If it makes you feel any better, a 13 mile round trip is closer to 1 gallon than half a gallon.

Wait, I guess that wouldn't make you feel better...

If you're motivated, see if there aren't any independent or franchised (not corporate) stations in your local area that might possibly be interested in carrying E85 and let me know.

FYI, Station in Lawndale just announced, "coming soon" so no exact time table yet. It's on the map though. It's a bit closer to you geographically than the Carson stations if you're in Redondo Beach.
    Last edited by nechronius; 12-02-2016 at 03:13 PM.

Experienced
    Cars
    Thread bump for December. Real updates in the first post. Since the last update, new stations open in Chula Vista, Morongo Valley, Santa Fe Springs, and Lawndale.

I've also added all known station locations in NorCal as well and a couple of points of interest. I figure eventually the two maps will get linked anyway without the need for spare gas cans, so why not.

For those of you who are integrating that map with Google Maps, I've discovered a bug recently. The map will not display the map points if you enable other map features such as traffic. The bug was introduced around the 10th or so of this month, not sure when they will patch this, or if they've patched it already and just waiting general pushes to devices. For now, temporarily disable other features like Traffic, and the map points will reappear.

Experienced
    Cars
    I am breaking my usual routine of bumping this thread only once a month. The Chevron station in Chula Vista (San Diego County) will have a one day event to selling E85 for 85 cents per gallon. The date is January 11 from 10am to 4pm. No external containers allowed, just fill-ups of the fuel tank.

http://www.pearsonfuels.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/GM-Chula-Vista-170.jpg

The El Cajon station is running a similar promotion on January 12.

http://www.pearsonfuels.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/GM-El-Cajon-95.jpg

Third Time's the charm. San Bernardino will also be running the same promotion, on January 26.

http://www.pearsonfuels.com/wp-conte...nardino-47.jpg
    Last edited by nechronius; 01-05-2017 at 11:15 PM.

E85 now available at a chevron in Lynwood corner of Atlantic and imperial highway
    2011 X Swift sport springs, Enkei pfo1 Black 18x9.5, RRE catback, AEM Intake, Mike RRE Tuned.

Experienced
    Cars
    Thread bump for January. Real updates in the first post. Since the last update, new stations open in Lynwood and Fontana. New station coming into San Bruno (NorCal). The San Bernardino station will have a sale on the 26th of this month for 85 cents a gallon for a limited time.

The Lynwood station actually opened late December, but on the forum here I am trying to limit my bumpign to only once a month unless there's a very good reason (like the .85/g sales on the 11th and 13th). But I do try and update the first post of this thread as often as there is new info.

Experienced
    Cars
    The Lynwood station is having a one day sale on Thursday March 2nd. Otherwise, not much else to update at this time. Hopefully new stations will open in new areas pretty soon.

http://www.pearsonfuels.com/wp-conte...Lynwood-57.jpg

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    I'm really hoping we get something in South Orange County. Right now my closest options are ~30 miles North or ~25 miles South (i'm in San Clemente). I'm itching to go dual map or Flex Fuel, but that 60 mile round trip for gas is tough to justify.

Evolved
    Cars
    Apex Silver Evo VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Hunter View Post
    I'm really hoping we get something in South Orange County. Right now my closest options are ~30 miles North or ~25 miles South (i'm in San Clemente). I'm itching to go dual map or Flex Fuel, but that 60 mile round trip for gas is tough to justify.
    55 gallon drum and keep it at home if you have space haha
    I've seriously thought about doing that when I move out of downtown and know a few people who are doing it since they complain even about a 10 mile drive to a station.
    Art is never finished, only abandoned - Leonardo da Vinci

My Instagram - https://instagram.com/seven10
    Evo Instagram - https://instagram.com/lhdevo7
    Chouseki Lab - https://chousekilab.com

Cars
    Haha! I'm down!

Evolved
    Cars
    Apex Silver Evo VII
    Just make sure the barrel seals extremely well, e85 will pull moisture into it while sitting, I believe more so than regular gasoline.
    Art is never finished, only abandoned - Leonardo da Vinci

My Instagram - https://instagram.com/seven10
    Evo Instagram - https://instagram.com/lhdevo7
    Chouseki Lab - https://chousekilab.com

Experienced
    Cars
    Thread bump for February. For the first time since I started this in August there are no new station openings to report. There are some talks in under-served areas previously not covered by a station within 10, 25 or even 50 miles (Let that be a clue) but no contracts signed yet so there's not much point speculating as to when this may happen.

Experienced
    Cars
    Thread bump for March. New stations in Vista and Hayward. Future stations opening in Bakersfield and El Centro, which will be serving two completely new regions.

Cars
    Thank you.
    C'mon South Orange County! Let's get with the program!

Experienced
    Cars
    Thread bump for April. For once, no new stations to report in the SoCal region in the past month. I did update the map to include additional suppliers in the NorCal region. May/June should see new stations opening, including the previously mentioned Bakersfield and El Centro stations.

There have been talks in the south OC region. But without any ink on paper, there isn't much use speculating. I'd really like a south OC station open too, like maybe around the El Toro Y. But it requires independent/franchise station owners to sign a contract and endure months of construction on their station. You just won't see a major supplier like Mobil providing E85 at one of their company owned stations. Generally they don't believe it's in their best interest to do that.

Experienced
    Cars
    Thread bump for May. New stations open in El Centro, Bakersfield, and Vacaville (Norcal). Added previously undocumented stations in the NorCal region.

I mentioned this on the Facebook threads, but it does appear that any E85 locator apps that use the Department of Energy's database appear to now be almost on par with what I am updating. In fact, a recent update on their database allowed me to add and track additional providers/distributors of E85 in NorCal, although possibly the DoE database may have TOO much info (reporting stations that are not open to the public). I have not yet had a chance to determine if these "not for public" stations actually appear on mobile apps or if they are excluded, the only such app I have on my phone doesn't seem to work anymore.

If the DoE can maintain its updates consistently for a few months I will consider retiring my own map.

Cars
    Thanks for the updates!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast