Thread: exhaust

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    2013 EVO

exhaust

What is the best single exit exhaust for the X? I'm about to pull the trigger and want to know what others think.

-gains
    -looks
    -sound
    -quality
    -fitment
    -price

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    This is one of those topics that can be pretty subjective, so the right answer may vary quite a bit.

Are there a few that you are interested in? Sound and looks are going to be up to you. What style do you like? How loud or quiet do you want it to be? Answering these questions should help narrow things down quite a bit there. As for the rest of the criteria- price/fitment/quality for the most part will go hand in hand.

Gains- most will utilize 3" piping and a straight-through muffler design. While there are some differences in terms of power production, many of them share a similar design.

I've always liked the ETS kit if you want to be loud and don't care about the cops. But i care about the cops. So RRE would be my choice...and they have a few different flavors. I really like the look of the dual oval. Aggressive and down to business.

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    2013 EVO
    I'm looking at these: Tomei, AMS/ETS (Vibrant), Nvidia N1, Greddy TiC, Akra, T1R.

something under $1,000, 100dB or less, minimal drone, minimal bends, true 3" if possible, and it has to sound good (snap, crackle and pop)

currently has TP and cams... stock DP

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Akrapovic makes an exhaust that costs less than $1k?! Link please! Or are you thinking you'd like to find a used one? That'd be the way to go.

Not a fan of Invidia or T1R brands. T1R due to their blatant theft of J's Racing product design, and the Invidia stuff has always been just a few degrees from Ebay in terms of quality. It's not that it's bad, but i wouldn't say it's great either. But it does offer cheaper cost of entry.

The Greddy kit is a great value while maintaining good quality. I really like their Evolution GT system. What do you think of that one?