Thread: New to So Cal Evo

Cars
    2005 Evo 8, 1968 Nova,

New to So Cal Evo

Hi everyone, my name is Stephanie. I own a 2005 Tarmac Black Evo 8. She (Christine) was originally my late husbands car and sadly he passed away in 2014. Long story short, with only his key he kept as a rememberance when she was repoed in 2011, I found his car and was able to buy it back. I know he had an account on here and it helped him alot over the years so I figured I would make an account as well since I am quite the import N0ob.

Cool that you were able to track down the car. That doesn't happen too often, especially seeing how it was an Evo.

Cars
    2005 Evo 8, 1968 Nova,
    Thank you. It honestly was quite the pipe dream. When I moved back to Cali I went to our old meets and had told a few friends that I had to find his car. I got the typical "yeah ok." Luckily my determination paid off and his first love (I completely understood that I was not #1) is with me to continue his original plans. I'm glad I'm a car parts hoarder as well. I have quite a few bolt ons including cams, turbo and meth kit. The car has a ways to go but I look forward to being VERY involved in rebuild.

So is the engine blown up or are you just modding it? The meth kit is a thing from the bygone era. E85 is a better deal if you can get it easily enough where you are. The 8 needs cams to wake it up for sure don't forget the IC while you are doing the turbo HAHA!

Cars
    2005 Evo 8, 1968 Nova,
    It did need a rebuild kit due to the cams being too aggressive. Or atleast that's what I recall hearing. (like I said I am a noob) Didnt plan on using the meth kit.

As for using E85, it has been discussed and if I continue to stay in CA it wouldn't be a bad idea. But I plan on moving out to AZ here in the next 6 months and the closest town with E85 is about an hour away.

Luckily I know the original tuner for the car and I plan on taking it to him so I can get an idea of where to start with the proper guide so I don't screw anything up. Ha.

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Wow, big, big ups to you for tracking that car down and seeing it through. Great stuff.

Welcome, hope to see you around.

Canyon Racer
    Cars
    GG VIII MR, WW MR-T
    Wow! Like a story. Big thumb up for tracking down your husband most loving thing.

That's an amazing story! welcome and congrats on finding the car!

Cars
    2005 Evo 8, 1968 Nova,
    Thank you. So far this forum has helped me understand how not to blow up the car. Ha

haha! yeah, there is an infinite amount of information running through this forum and evolutionm