Thread: E85 in San Diego doesnt look good

E85 in San Diego doesnt look good

So i filled up with what i thought was e85 and to my surprise it was E69! I was reading on another forum that they are slowly changing the ethanol content to E70 in other states. The gas station that i went to was off Massachusetts in La mesa by the 94. So avoid this station for now. I dont know if they have already converted to e70 but the gas attendant there didnt know anything about the change. Ill try the other station and ill report back.

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    ^ yeap, a few E85 stations have a notice about E85 was E45 or E50 on the pump

Pearson in el Cajon Blvd is still e80-85. But I did see a sticker "e50-e80" on the pump.

Cars
    2015 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR
    I just tested the corn gas at the 76/Propel Fuels in Kearny Mesa on Kearny Mesa road. It checked out to be at or above e85. I would give that a shot if you can. Going to test the one in Chula Vista at the Chevron next. Will keep you guys posted.

Cool thanks. The propel in Kearny is always a good choice never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by fizyliftingdrnks View Post
    I just tested the corn gas at the 76/Propel Fuels in Kearny Mesa on Kearny Mesa road. It checked out to be at or above e85. I would give that a shot if you can. Going to test the one in Chula Vista at the Chevron next. Will keep you guys posted.

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    WW EvoX MR
    Specification for e85 allows for as low as 51% alcohol depending on season (lower ambient temperature == higher dinosaur content) in order to maintain vapor pressure and ignition properties. See: http://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/ethanol_e85_specs.html

Time to install a true flex-fuel system, I guess.