Thread: Newbie from San Diego

Cars
    2015 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR

Newbie from San Diego

Howdy Peeps, New to the site. Saw someone rolling around with a window sticker so figure I would join up. I moved to San Diego about 6 months ago now from Philadelphia. I haven't joined as my Evo was back east getting a boat load of upgrades done and was down for a while. She is finally making her way over here, so going to float the scene and see what's up in SoCal. Anyone local to the area? Any general meets that happen frequently? Be good to me some of the members!

Later!

Dan
    Last edited by fizyliftingdrnks; 02-27-2017 at 06:08 PM.

Cars
    IMG1856496312.jpg
    - When I first bought her. This was back about a year ago now.

IMG908191807.jpg
    - Some of the other Evo's I hung out with back in Philly. Mine is on the far left. About half way through the upgrade process.

IMG599829165.jpg
    - Shot of the finished engine bay after the upgrade process.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    welcome to SoCalEvo! where in SD are you?

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    welcome to SoCalEvo! where in SD are you?
    Thanks Macky! I live downtown currently. Are you local to the area?

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Whats up man! Welcome. Sorry about the weather. This only happens once a decade, haha.

Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Hunter View Post
    Whats up man! Welcome. Sorry about the weather. This only happens once a decade, haha.
    Thanks dude! Haha it has been a miserable few months that's for sure. Mother nature is finally dumping rain on us!

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by fizyliftingdrnks View Post
    Thanks Macky! I live downtown currently. Are you local to the area?
    unfortunately no, Im north of SD, between Pasadena and Arcadia near LA. I do make a trip down there every now and then to visit some Evo friends.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    Welcome. yes large Evo community in SD. FB group just had a meet last week. good news is that you have shops, mountains to cruise and active car scene. Bad is not too many track near SD. Only local events are the drag nights in Qualcom.

Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by evo_jfa View Post
    Welcome. yes large Evo community in SD. FB group just had a meet last week. good news is that you have shops, mountains to cruise and active car scene. Bad is not too many track near SD. Only local events are the drag nights in Qualcom.
    Keep me posted Macky! I am also always in for coming up north. I love taking trips out through Palomar and Ortega Hwy to the 15. Anytime you guys have something planned let me know and I can cruise on up!

That is awesome to hear that the scene is large here. It used to be SO large in Philly like 10 years ago and the forums were quiet when i bought my X. I was disappointed, but was able to get some people to hang out before I left. I would love to come out to some meets and hang. Are you talking about the SoCal Evo X Owners group? If not, lemme know and I can join the one you are talking about. I heard about the Qualcomm races but have not been yet. Be fun to get out to one though! Guys have anything planned for this weekend? My tuner/mechanic is in town to help finish up my tune when my car gets here. Would be great to get together!

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    will keep you posted for any meets coming up. ill find out from the local guys there for you.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    will keep you posted for any meets coming up. ill find out from the local guys there for you.
    Awesome! Thanks!

Cars
    Evo rolled off the truck today...Finally here! If anyone wants to get together this weekend keep me posted. Be good to meet some of members!

SoCalEvo.net Vendor

Cars
    evo
    Quote Originally Posted by fizyliftingdrnks View Post
    Evo rolled off the truck today...Finally here! If anyone wants to get together this weekend keep me posted. Be good to meet some of members!
    Welcome to the forum. And welcome to San Diego. I was actually born in Philly lol. If you haven't already please check out the Facebook group SDevo. We have around 500 members. And we do events every now and then. We have some pretty cool businesses out here that will be able to help support you love for the evo.

I would imagine your car is probably in need of a professional grade detail since it was in the shop and it just came off the truck. Plus you are going to want to get it protected to keep it from having clear coat issues down the road. A little love now saves you from major headaches in the future.