Thread: Gas gauge low on cold startup

Gas gauge low on cold startup

For the last few months, my Evo 8 has this problem where the gas gauge sometimes shows about 1/4 tank lower than actual. After driving about 5 minutes, it goes back up where it should be. I tried searching for this, but not getting anything useful. Maybe I don't know the right search terms here.

I do have walbro, and injectors and have run E85 before, but currently run 91,since E85 station is a little far for me. Seems like this problem started happening shortly after getting the injectors and tuned.

Freaks me out sometimes, when I start the car, and the gas light is on, and the gauge is very low. It also makes it difficult for me to switch back to E85, since I don't know the right gas reading.

I'm not sure where the gas level is. I'm assuming its on the fuel pump. Is it possible fuel is getting stuck on one fuel tank, and starts filling up the other side with the level when I'm driving around. I know the fuel return goes into one tank which should make it level out the 2 sides of the gas tank.

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    When the gauge starts reading erroneously, i usually i start looking at the fuel level sending unit first. Either the unit itself, or the electrical circuit. It's in the fuel pump housing. There is a Float on a little metal arm.

Ok. I'll check that out. Thanks!

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Sure thing, let us know how it goes!

looks like problem with float.change the float assembly in the fuel tank i think it comes with sensor