Thread: arp 1x1 method

arp 1x1 method

I am going to install arp headstuds with the 1x1 method. my question is when I install the first stud do i torque it down to 30 then install the other studs at 30 then 60 then 80, or do I torque the first one down to 30, 60, 80 then install the second stud and torque it 30 60 80 all indvidually. I know usually you do 30 60 80 on all when you remove the head, but im not sure the process for the 1x1 method

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    I don't know about the 1x1 method.

But from taking some machining and assembly classes, i know that the general idea is to apply the clamp load as evenly as possible. Hence the specific torque sequence. If you are unable to find a definitive answer here, i would probably start with 30, go through the whole sequence, then go 60 through the whole sequence, and so forth up to the final torque spec.

any body whos done it wanna chime in

Cars
    04 tarmac black ssl
    massimo power in corona can do the install or you can always ask the owner how he did it. he is super friendly and can chime in. I did mine by myself but i forgot how i did it.

Bad idea. Do it once, do it right, or don't do it at all.

Unless you head gasket is blown, leave it alone.

If you cannot sleep at night and have to do it, take the head off and replace the head gasket.

RRE Did mines the 1x1.. never had a problem ..

just leave it to the pros bro
    = for all your needs call Alfred@TTech -909-783-1200