Thread: Question: Has anyone done shark teeth in an 8 bumper?

Question: Has anyone done shark teeth in an 8 bumper?

So lately I've been working on my front bumper with touch up paint, repainting the mesh, replacing those little bastard plastic rivets, etc. More and more as I slave over this bumper trying to make it look like new again I have thought; instead of hiding her blemishes, how can I just embrace them? Or at least distract them... So, the shark teeth came to mind. I've seen it before in an 8. The first time I've ever seen it was at MOD a few years back, and I loved it. I have seen it in Xs, but as far as 8 and 9's go, there are not many. Has anybody done this here?

The main issue I see is mounting it. There isn't much solid material on that bumper to do much of anything. Any help would be great!

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    I have seen one evo pull that off at MOD before. it was an X.

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    04 tarmac black ssl
    I say don't do it. No function or purpose to do that plus its super rice. Just save up for a bice fmic to take attention away from the bumper blemishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightevo04 View Post
    I say don't do it. No function or purpose to do that plus its super rice. Just save up for a bice fmic to take attention away from the bumper blemishes.
    I can see where you're coming from, I am well aware it doesn't serve any purpose either. It's merely cosmetic and a little bit comical.
    Here's an example:url

Minus all the entrails and blood, I like it. My thought is to do just the 4 upper teeth, and maybe a little smaller. I'd do it off to the side, out of the way of the intercooler obviously. Fortunately it's the stock one so it's small and won't be hard to work around.

As for the ricer thing, lol. You made me laugh. I don't think it'll be a ricer for it. I don't see how it's any different from putting stickers on it. But I'll admit I don't have a single one on it because of that fear! XD

Cars
    GG EvoIX
    I don't see it hard to do. I would probably just cut a few pieces a sheet metal, paint white, and then bolt it on the inside in between the bumper and the mesh. But imo, it's probably going to be more work than what it's worth. And it is a little ricey, along with 90% of the stickers out there. Just my 2 cents.

Damn, maybe I should just ditch my evo and get a civic. XD

No really, I appreciate the honest input. I now realize that many people in this community will look down on me for it, but frankly I don't know what's worse. One thing I notice about evos is a lot of people seem to fall into the same rut. Especially the white ones. TE37SLs, VII taillights, throw in some black accents, and wa-la! (Not sh!ting on you guys with Volks, only reason I don't have them is because I can't afford them!) Anyways, I want to do something different.

I'm having second thoughts about it, but a good part of me still wants to just try it out. I can always take it off if it doesn't end up being all that I had hoped.

Cars
    04 tarmac black ssl
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_and_intensity View Post
    Damn, maybe I should just ditch my evo and get a civic. XD

No really, I appreciate the honest input. I now realize that many people in this community will look down on me for it, but frankly I don't know what's worse. One thing I notice about evos is a lot of people seem to fall into the same rut. Especially the white ones. TE37SLs, VII taillights, throw in some black accents, and wa-la! (Not sh!ting on you guys with Volks, only reason I don't have them is because I can't afford them!) Anyways, I want to do something different.

I'm having second thoughts about it, but a good part of me still wants to just try it out. I can always take it off if it doesn't end up being all that I had hoped.
    Do what you want its your car at the end,of the day. If that is what you want them do it forget the haters just don't get upset when people talk crap about it. But no matter what you do haters gon hate. Build the car for you nobody else. If you want to put a huge ricer wing pink wheels with pointy lug nuts and neon lights then do it!

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    Do what you want its your car at the end,of the day. If that is what you want them do it forget the haters just don't get upset when people talk crap about it. But no matter what you do haters gon hate. Build the car for you nobody else. If you want to put a huge ricer wing pink wheels with pointy lug nuts and neon lights then do it!
    Dont listen to this fuck tard, he's the stupidest Evo owner ever !! LMAO
    BUT I AGREE, build it how you want, I'll be the first to laugh :)

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    Jokes aside bro, bike it how you want. Like you even said, majority of Evo owners do the same wheels and look so build it the way you want to. But can't get mad if it's ricer an people talk shit. But if your proud of it, then hey all power to you

Cars
    04 tarmac black ssl
    Quote Originally Posted by rawger View Post
    Dont listen to this fuck tard, he's the stupidest Evo owner ever !! LMAO
    BUT I AGREE, build it how you want, I'll be the first to laugh :)
    You better chill before I give you these 11 inches hot dog king lol

Cars
    04 tarmac black ssl
    I agree with you on that I had te37s at one point haha but hey they are dope wheels. All I am saying is no matter what part you put on your car people will talk sh*t so build it for you. But I am a firm believer about building it right save for the things you want. I wont waste my time on hella supertone horns and fake splitters (cough aeroflow cough) basically mods that don't do anything. Instead I would much rather save for a nice fmic suspension mods engine mods or just any kind of,mod that will serve a purpose.

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    You better chill before I give you these 11 inches hot dog king lol
    You told me that last time an I was very disappointed !! :.(

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by rawger View Post
    You told me that last time an I was very disappointed !! :.(
    lol maybe he meant 11 cm

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    lol maybe he meant 11 cm
    That's what he meant !
    dont get me wrong it was cute to tickle, but nothing I'm use too. LMAO

I appreciate all the input, both positive and negative. As I said before, it doesn't bother me a bit! I talked to someone that has done it and it doesn't require much, as expected. I'll try it, if I don't like it I'll pull it right back off.

I'm not knocking on TE37s by any means, they are some of the best damn wheels I have ever seen, and if I had $4K they'd be rolling around on mine! Those were all I wanted for a long ass time. Instead I settled with some Enkei PF01 Evos instead, which I'm glad I did. I love these wheels. I agree with what you are saying on mods entirely. The teeth are just funny, I'm just adding some goofy personality to her until I can afford some real parts, like an upgraded fmic, lol.

Until then, bring on the shit talk! XD I'll get those pointy lugs and pink plasti-dip if I need too!

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_and_intensity View Post
    I'm not knocking on TE37s by any means, they are some of the best damn wheels I have ever seen, and if I had $4K they'd be rolling around on mine! Those were all I wanted for a long ass time. Instead I settled with some Enkei PF01 Evos instead, which I'm glad I did. I love these wheels. I agree with what you are saying on mods entirely. The teeth are just funny, I'm just adding some goofy personality to her until I can afford some real parts, like an upgraded fmic, lol.

Until then, bring on the shit talk! XD I'll get those pointy lugs and pink plasti-dip if I need too!
    i respect that bro and I understand. When I got my Evo shit was crazy pricey, but save little by little so you slowely upgrade it an all pas off. Everything is a process. They are money pits but put smiles on your faces if you truly love it an enjoy the car.
    But the end of the day it's your car so do what you want but it's good that your welling to take the good an ad criticisms

Cars
    R.I.P WW EVO 9 RS
    Just don't put under glow an lambo doors. Or I'll personally repo Evo lmao.

also don't mind the gay and bullshit talk we do. Some of us actually know each other so we fuck around if you haven't noticed. I rarely come on now so I don't know you lol

Hey, you do you. You can swing whichever way you like, but now I understand why you call yourself the hotdog king. XD