Thread: Lost power on freeway

Cars
    Evo 8. 545i

Unhappy Lost power on freeway

Hey guys. So i have evo 8 last night i was driving, i was on the freeway 10 getting into the freeway 605 so it was a turn i was in 3rd gear shift to 4th and it made a weird noise i had my foot on the gas but it wouldn't accelerate. I started losing power. I pull over on the side. Smoke came out the engine bay not a lot very minimal. I was thinking it was like a vacuum line i checked didnt see anything. I was on the side of the freeway i need to get out. But i would have my car in no speed/neutral idle was fine no trouble. But if i put speed it would bog alot like stalling but wouldnt turn off like. I had to tow it home. So thats the problem what can it be?
    any help would work. Thanks in advance
    IG: 3088jrflores
    https://www.instagram.com/3088jrflores/
    follow and dm with a pic of your ride (evo or ralliart) and i will feature you on my secondary account
    over 43k followers and growing.

SoCalEvo.net Shop

Unplug the electrical connector on the MAF (Air flow meter) and see if the car runs better, worse or the same. Report back.

Mike W

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    ^ +1 I had same issue. I was driving like in 3rd, I ended up towing the car to my local shop. They check everything and nothing comes up.. we thought it was low fuel level, but all issues were fixed after unplug the maf cable. The car drove like that many times. Only difference is the car was tuned with Speed Density and I was driving it with maf and stock air box due smoke inspection.

Cars
    Evo 8. 545i
    Thanks guys i found the problem it was simple. It was the ic pipe that its came off. But weird thing is that it blew my exhausts gasket i had major leak after that. Had to change it. So that solve the problem but the intake hose keeps falling out.
    IG: 3088jrflores
    https://www.instagram.com/3088jrflores/
    follow and dm with a pic of your ride (evo or ralliart) and i will feature you on my secondary account
    over 43k followers and growing.