Thread: Electrical gremlins

Evolved
    Cars
    05 VIII MR

Electrical gremlins

I drove my 05 MR 3 weeks ago and the a/c went out for the second time in it's life. Last time it was the compressor clutch so I assume that it is again but haven't hhad it looked at yet.

Fast forward to last night and I go to drive it and it's dead. The battery was so flat the charger couldn't even recognize it to charge it. I replaced the battery and took a test drive and all was well, I didn't check the a/c though. The problem came when I put the car away for the night. The headlights didn't auto shut off when I turned off the car. Normally they shut off after about 30 seconds or so. The other weird thing is the a/c heater controls were still active. Keep in mind the keys are out of the ignition and in my hand and i'm able to adjust the heater control like the car is still on. There was a bit of corrosion on the battery hold and the positive terminal that I had to clean up. Obviously something is shorting somewhere. I am wondering if anyone had something similar happen and where to start looking? Thanks for any help!
    RRE Stage 1+ eleventeen Dr. Gray Empty Stomach Tune

rat love wires.... check all fuses and wiring.
    = for all your needs call Alfred@TTech -909-783-1200

Cars
    Evo IX MR - 2G Eclipse GST -3G Eclipse (Sold)
    auto-timer? not sure why with ignition switch-off car doesn't go totally off

Evolved
    Cars
    05 VIII MR
    Shit, I just moved to a tract where my friend had his mini chewed by rats. I took a look and didn't see anything obvious.

Evolved
    Cars
    05 VIII MR
    No timer on the car. Yeah it's strange. Only the headlights aand heater controls work. All dash lights are off as well.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8VTEC View Post
    No timer on the car. Yeah it's strange. Only the headlights aand heater controls work. All dash lights are off as well.

thats really odd since one works with ignition on and the other doesnt.

Sportback Evolution MR

Dude, search for the electrical gremlins thread on EvoM.

Evolved
    Cars
    05 VIII MR
    I don't know, I can't find anything wrong. All wires intact so it probably isn't rats or mice. Going to just have to take it in. Been searching electrical threads, most are about boost controllers and timers not working. I'll look more on evo m but if you have a link....