I drove my 05 MR 3 weeks ago and the a/c went out for the second time in it's life. Last time it was the compressor clutch so I assume that it is again but haven't hhad it looked at yet.

Fast forward to last night and I go to drive it and it's dead. The battery was so flat the charger couldn't even recognize it to charge it. I replaced the battery and took a test drive and all was well, I didn't check the a/c though. The problem came when I put the car away for the night. The headlights didn't auto shut off when I turned off the car. Normally they shut off after about 30 seconds or so. The other weird thing is the a/c heater controls were still active. Keep in mind the keys are out of the ignition and in my hand and i'm able to adjust the heater control like the car is still on. There was a bit of corrosion on the battery hold and the positive terminal that I had to clean up. Obviously something is shorting somewhere. I am wondering if anyone had something similar happen and where to start looking? Thanks for any help!