Find the perfect San Francisco real estate agent
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 70

Thread: Who here is still the original owner of their Evo VIII or IX?

  1. #41
    Evolved
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    DTLA
    Posts
    446
    Cars
    Apex Silver Evo VII
    Works for me
    Art is never finished, only abandoned - Leonardo da Vinci

    My Instagram - https://instagram.com/seven10
    Evo Instagram - https://instagram.com/lhdevo7
    Chouseki Lab - https://chousekilab.com

  2. #42
    Administrator


    Macky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    15,467
    Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    ok i put up a thread. hopefully we get some guys going

    Sportback Evolution MR


  3. #43
    Got my IX SSL in Jan '06. Currently at 61k miles

    fuking miss HB mitsu, that was my home of free oil changes :P

    http://www.mediafire.com/?a0m7t71047dbqdi  <- Evo IX Manual

  4. #44
    Administrator


    Macky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    15,467
    Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyi View Post
    Got my IX SSL in Jan '06. Currently at 61k miles

    fuking miss HB mitsu, that was my home of free oil changes :P

    yeah those were the good old days.

    come to the meet in cerritos on the 16th. the thread here isnt getting much traffic but so far quite a bit have messaged me thru FB they are going.

    https://www.facebook.com/events/784262998440052/

    Sportback Evolution MR


  5. #45
    Evo Specialist WavMixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    SGV
    Posts
    3,404
    Cars
    '05 GSR
    I was hoping to show up, but I still got the crap out under boost blues. Trying to get an appointment at RRE next week.

  6. #46
    Canyon Racer nicklulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,317
    Cars
    06 MR to 10 MR to 18 Focus RS, 09 Sarao GT-K (k for Karabao)
    Quote Originally Posted by WavMixer View Post
    I was hoping to show up, but I still got the crap out under boost blues. Trying to get an appointment at RRE next week.
    You have another car?
    R.I.P. Sammy: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=1 21610.msg8407077#msg8407077<br /><br />Mobile Wheel Repair in San Diego: MZM Rimshine: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=8 8447.msg7802233#msg7802233<br /><br />Good price for parts: http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=97342.0

  7. #47
    Evo Specialist WavMixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    SGV
    Posts
    3,404
    Cars
    '05 GSR
    Quote Originally Posted by nicklulu View Post
    You have another car?
    Yes we do have a PT Cruiser with a leaky heater core that needs to have to coolant topped off everyday. Not a dependable canyon carver.

  8. #48
    Canyon Racer nicklulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,317
    Cars
    06 MR to 10 MR to 18 Focus RS, 09 Sarao GT-K (k for Karabao)
    Quote Originally Posted by WavMixer View Post
    Yes we do have a PT Cruiser with a leaky heater core that needs to have to coolant topped off everyday. Not a dependable canyon carver.
    R.I.P. Sammy: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=1 21610.msg8407077#msg8407077<br /><br />Mobile Wheel Repair in San Diego: MZM Rimshine: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=8 8447.msg7802233#msg7802233<br /><br />Good price for parts: http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=97342.0

  9. #49
    I forgot that I started this thread years ago… just checking in. Everyone still got theirs?

    I still have mine — sole car — with 137k miles. Still bone stock, which knocked a few techs out of their seats when I was making some calls this week to look into a maintenance service estimate.

  10. #50
    Canyon Racer nicklulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,317
    Cars
    06 MR to 10 MR to 18 Focus RS, 09 Sarao GT-K (k for Karabao)
    There are some that has their Evo still.

    UltraFlip still has his.......
    R.I.P. Sammy: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=1 21610.msg8407077#msg8407077<br /><br />Mobile Wheel Repair in San Diego: MZM Rimshine: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=8 8447.msg7802233#msg7802233<br /><br />Good price for parts: http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=97342.0

  11. #51
    Evo Specialist WavMixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    SGV
    Posts
    3,404
    Cars
    '05 GSR
    Still got mine fresh out of RRE and running great! I also dialed in my Tein Flex Z suspension to give it less preload and add some ground clearance. It hasn't been on the track for over 10 years. It was about time to make it comfortable on the street again. Way over due.

  12. #52
    Canyon Racer nicklulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,317
    Cars
    06 MR to 10 MR to 18 Focus RS, 09 Sarao GT-K (k for Karabao)
    Quote Originally Posted by WavMixer View Post
    Still got mine fresh out of RRE and running great! I also dialed in my Tein Flex Z suspension to give it less preload and add some ground clearance. It hasn't been on the track for over 10 years. It was about time to make it comfortable on the street again. Way over due.
    You ready for the next "meat" then! ��
    R.I.P. Sammy: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=1 21610.msg8407077#msg8407077<br /><br />Mobile Wheel Repair in San Diego: MZM Rimshine: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=8 8447.msg7802233#msg7802233<br /><br />Good price for parts: http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=97342.0

  13. #53
    Evo Specialist WavMixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    SGV
    Posts
    3,404
    Cars
    '05 GSR
    You bet!! When is it?

  14. #54
    Evo Specialist WavMixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    SGV
    Posts
    3,404
    Cars
    '05 GSR
    I was driving in San Gabriel a few days ago and someone in a Honda recognized me, said hello Grant and said he knew me from SoCalEvo. Was that anyone in this thread?

  15. #55
    Who do you guys use for service/maintenance, in or around the OC area? I believe Massimo Power is closed, and the dealership never seems to know the correct things for service intervals so I’m apprehensive about going there.

  16. #56
    Canyon Racer nicklulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,317
    Cars
    06 MR to 10 MR to 18 Focus RS, 09 Sarao GT-K (k for Karabao)
    Quote Originally Posted by WavMixer View Post
    You bet!! When is it?
    Either Geargrinder or I will post in on the LBC meat when we have a date.
    R.I.P. Sammy: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=1 21610.msg8407077#msg8407077<br /><br />Mobile Wheel Repair in San Diego: MZM Rimshine: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=8 8447.msg7802233#msg7802233<br /><br />Good price for parts: http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=97342.0

  17. #57
    Canyon Racer nicklulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,317
    Cars
    06 MR to 10 MR to 18 Focus RS, 09 Sarao GT-K (k for Karabao)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83 View Post
    Who do you guys use for service/maintenance, in or around the OC area? I believe Massimo Power is closed, and the dealership never seems to know the correct things for service intervals so I’m apprehensive about going there.
    Does South Coast Mitsu still have the lifetime oil change?

    If you ask WaveMixer here, I know he will say RRE all the way!
    R.I.P. Sammy: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=1 21610.msg8407077#msg8407077<br /><br />Mobile Wheel Repair in San Diego: MZM Rimshine: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=37&amp;topic=8 8447.msg7802233#msg7802233<br /><br />Good price for parts: http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=97342.0

  18. #58
    Evo Specialist WavMixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    SGV
    Posts
    3,404
    Cars
    '05 GSR
    I won the lifetime time oil change from South Coast at a meet long, long ago when Renzo was selling cars there and have never used it. I usually do all my own work except when it's a job too big or over my head. Then it's RRE all the way.
    Last edited by WavMixer; 10-02-2021 at 11:41 AM. Reason: add stuff

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by nicklulu View Post
    Does South Coast Mitsu still have the lifetime oil change?

    If you ask WaveMixer here, I know he will say RRE all the way!
    They ended it a few years ago. The “legal” out was that they didn’t write it into people’s sales agreements but were just doing it for free during the time it was honored, so they weren’t breaching any contract, since it was all verbal. Either way, it was for a solid maybe eight or nine years, and I got over $2,000 in free oil changes.

  20. #60
    Evo Specialist WavMixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    SGV
    Posts
    3,404
    Cars
    '05 GSR
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83 View Post
    They ended it a few years ago. The “legal” out was that they didn’t write it into people’s sales agreements but were just doing it for free during the time it was honored, so they weren’t breaching any contract, since it was all verbal. Either way, it was for a solid maybe eight or nine years, and I got over $2,000 in free oil changes.
    I have it in writing and I didn't buy my car from there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •