Thread: Engine Builders Advice

Engine Builders Advice

Hey Guys,

Anyone have experience with Tuning Technologies building their motors, specifically a 2.3 stroker? I wanted RRE to build it but they won't unless they take the motor out and install themselves. Just spent the last 3 days removing the motor from the engine bay. Now I need to find a different shop to build it. Disappointed and stressed is an understatement.

Or if you recommend a specific shop, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance.
    04 RS Weightless White, AMS tbe w/ highflow cat, AEM intake, ETS intercooler piping, Forge MBC @ 22psi, ACT clutch w/ RRE flywheel, Cust Street Tune by Dynoflash

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Did you see this thread?
    https://www.socalevo.net/threads/233...shops-in-socal

Also, Costa Mesa R&D is capable of good work, but I know some people who've had great experiences, and others who haven't.

DSport magazine has "Club DSport Engine Development", or something like that. They are not cheap and they're a little picky about what they work on, but maybe it's worth investigating at least. Essentially, when Cosworth USA closed their doors, DSport bought their equipment and hired some of their staff. Magnus over there really knows his craft. They built a motor for us...pretty impressive operation they have there.

SoCalEvo.net Shop

We prefer complete control over the install and start up. It works out better for everyone that way with the full accountability. And when presented with a basket case of torn down parts it takes longer to put together than people want to pay for.

Mike W