Thread: ASC System Service Required turns on after removing clutch restrictor pill.

Cars
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR

Unhappy ASC System Service Required turns on after removing clutch restrictor pill.

Hi Evo Brothers and Sisters,

I'm fairly new to the EVO X seen. I heard about the EVO X's clutch restrictor pill delete which improves clutch engagements and better driving experience. After doing all the research on how to do it correctly, I followed the steps: 14mm,10mm wrench and a small enough screwdriver to fish-out the pill and spring. Afterwards, I bled the fluids and reassemble everything, along with filling the reservoir with DOT4 to under the "MAX" line.

After driving it conservatively and enjoying the new feel of the clutch engagement for a few days, the "ASC System Service Required" came on. This warning doesn't come on at initial start-up of the car; however, after a 3-4mile drive a familiar "ding!" sounds off and the "ASC System Service Required" comes on. I check the brake reservoir and its good. I check the Slave Cylinder to see if there is any loose bolts and it was tighten; I checked the two thin washers and they were both in their place.

Anyone knows or have experienced this before? If so, what did you do to fix the issue?

I guess I could just try reseting the code and see if it turns back on...but I want to hear from those who have experience this, in case it turns out to be an issue that needs to be attended to. Thanks Ya'll.

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    I don't believe your ASC and its related systems have anything to do with your clutch hydraulics. I'm betting this is purely coincidental.

Cars
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR

Possible code?

Quote Originally Posted by Apex Hunter View Post
    I don't believe your ASC and its related systems have anything to do with your clutch hydraulics. I'm betting this is purely coincidental.
    Does this system have specific codes pin-pointing what the issue may be; i.e. brake sensor, speed sensor, AYC pump, rear diff. etc.?

Just curious if i can plug in a code reader and it'll tell me what and where it needs attention?