Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone!

Cars
    2015 Evolution Final Edition

Hello Everyone!

Hi All,

Long time lurker here. I finally pulled the trigger on the FE. I got it from El Cajon Mitsubishi in San Diego. I live in L.A. and the dealers around me have a mark up on all the FEs. I saw an ad in Autotrader from El Cajon Mitsubishi for an FE at below MSRP.

Gave them a call, we agreed on out the door price. I took the Amtrak train to get there (about 2.5 hours) and they picked me up at the station in San Diego. Got to the dealer, test drove, signed the papers, drove back home.

My old car is a 2005 Acura RSX Type-S, the transmission on the Evo is a little notchy compared to the RSX but overall I love this car.

If you're looking to buy an Evo, check out El Cajon Mitsubishi and look for Michael.

My Amtrak ticket

Here she is waiting for me at the dealership

Wrapped the front with painter's tape before driving back to L.A.

Here she is in my garage 115 miles later.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg o.jpg (148.4 KB, 8 views)

Cars
    RS Evolution IX Rally Red
    Damn not bad at all

Enjoy !! Keep it Stock as fuck

sweet! congrats

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    wow first FE owner ive seen. congrats on the new car!

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    Thanks everyone! Looking forward to meeting all of you in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by phillies23 View Post
    Damn not bad at all
    Enjoy !! Keep it Stock as fuck
    I might just do coilovers and wheels and call it a day.

Lol good luck keeping it stock. I promised my wife when I bought mine I wouldn't modify it. I couldn't take it anymore and finally started throwing on bolt ons.

Congrats on the purchase, it looks nice!

Cars
    2012 EVO WW
    Now that's how you do it! Mad props to you my friend. Car looks great. Gotta give it up to you for protecting the font end for the drive home. I would have done the same thing. I agree that the trans in the EVO is a bit notchy compared to previous Honda vehicles I've owned, but not too bad. Congratulations on picking up a FE and I wish you the best of luck with it!

Cars
    2012 EVO WW
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpwalker90 View Post
    Lol good luck keeping it stock. I promised my wife when I bought mine I wouldn't modify it. I couldn't take it anymore and finally started throwing on bolt ons.

LOL.. My wife never forgets to remind me of this whenever a new part comes in the mail. I just can't help myself though. You guys know how it is.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
    Cars
    5150 flexfuel tuned 14/ww CZ4A/07 CT9A MR
    My old car is a 2005 Acura RSX Type-S, the transmission on the Evo is a little notchy compared to the RSX but overall I love this car.
    that will go away in about 3k-5k. just follow all the break in protocols.

I still want to know anyone who has done a seat swap in any 15's rumor has it, since the systems different for 14's. and that changing seats is a problem.

Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpwalker90 View Post

I told the wife the same thing. Let's see how long that will last. I actually bought a set of Recaro seats from a 2014 GSR a few weeks before I bought the car.
    I didn't install them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dross99_si View Post
    Now that's how you do it! Mad props to you my friend. Car looks great. Gotta give it up to you for protecting the font end for the drive home. I would have done the same thing. I agree that the trans in the EVO is a bit notchy compared to previous Honda vehicles I've owned, but not too bad. Congratulations on picking up a FE and I wish you the best of luck with it!
    Thanks man. Yeah I didn't want to risk having paint chips on the front bumper and the hood. The transmission on the RSX is butter smooth but I'm getting use to the Evo, maybe a weighted shift knob might improve this.

Quote Originally Posted by jiGGypiGGy View Post
    that will go away in about 3k-5k. just follow all the break in protocols.

I still want to know anyone who has done a seat swap in any 15's rumor has it, since the systems different for 14's. and that changing seats is a problem.
    I've read from the other forum that several members had successfully swapped their seats. The ECU module and weight sensor from the 2015 passenger seat (Lancer seat) need to be installed to the 2014 Recaro. The driver seat is a direct swap. I have the Recaro seats in the garage, I'm hoping I'll have the time to install them in the coming days.

Experienced
    Cars
    AS EVO X
    Did they have a lot of the FE's in their lot?

By chance did they have a red one?
    [img][/img]

Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by qsjoeygst View Post
    Did they have a lot of the FE's in their lot?

By chance did they have a red one?
    They have several in white, Octane Blue and one rally red. Tell them Al from L.A. sent you.

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    Nice grab, well played.

Already got your '14 seats too, LOL. Bonus points!

Cars
    2013 Evo X, 2009 CBR600RR
    Great way to go thru with the purchase... Congrats
    LoOnEy TuNeD
    Instagram @600rrevox

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
    Cars
    5150 flexfuel tuned 14/ww CZ4A/07 CT9A MR
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexJann View Post
    I told the wife the same thing. Let's see how long that will last. I actually bought a set of Recaro seats from a 2014 GSR a few weeks before I bought the car.
    I didn't install them yet.

I've read from the other forum that several members had successfully swapped their seats. The ECU module and weight sensor from the 2015 passenger seat (Lancer seat) need to be installed to the 2014 Recaro. The driver seat is a direct swap. I have the Recaro seats in the garage, I'm hoping I'll have the time to install them in the coming days.
    lets us know how it turns out, or if anyone can find a URL to a 15 with new seats in it with working airbag systems.

yeah I read that far too, but I was thinking the systems trigger is combined in the 14's. where is the 15's they are separate trigger sensors for some safety reason. you should get an error when you install the seats, but there is a work around that is a "Y" plug type so you can run both systems on their own signals.

I'm probably making this sound harder then it is.

I have a 15 and had recaros in it from an 08. The swap was super easy. The worst part was switching the weight sensors from the passenger oem lancer seat to the evo recaro, but even then it was extremely simple. Just be careful not to scratch interior plastics when removing the seats!

I took them out and sold them because they weren't in great shape. Now I'm on the hunt for another newer set of X Recaros. It's crazy because when I had a set, it seemed like there was always a set or two available on Craigslist
    Now that I sold mine, I can't find any anywhere.

Administrator

Cars
    Sportback Evolution
    nice! were you able to install them without issues?

Sportback Evolution MR

Cars
    It was straight forward. Swapped the weight sensor and seat belt from passenger lancer seat to passenger recaro seat. The driver seat was a direct swap, the only thing I did was swapped the seat belt .

Welcome to the forums, and congratulations on your new purchase! What made you pull the trigger now (versus any of the prior model years) and on a Final Edition (versus a current GSR/MR)?

I also have a friend who has a 2005 RSX Type-S who I am trying to convince to get an Evo... though in our most recent conversation, he's probably leaning more toward a WRX.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast