Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete list of E85 stations in SoCal

Experienced
    Cars
    1995 Ford Probe GT, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6, 2013 GSR

Complete list of E85 stations in SoCal

Because E85 life.

Started this a few months back when I was looking to get a flex fuel tune, finally got around to a "finished" document now that I'm actually running it. Every website I ran across had incomplete/outdated information or was biased toward one producer or another. Plus having this information be natively inside a Google document seemed like a smoother transition to search and then navigation, at least for Android folks. Plus it's easier to plan routes when going on short road trips to help ease range anxiety when you can see the whole region on one page easily.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/ed...BnDPyE87IfY&hl

Green Pins are stations personally verified by myself or by others to carry E85 regularly.

Yellow Pins are stations listed on various E85 websites (manufacturers and aggregate sites) or stations that haven't been verified in the past six months and could use reconfirmation.

In the future I'll keep new additions as green and yellow stars for one month to make it easier to identify for people who have seen earlier versions of the document.

Red Diamonds are listed as future stations and could use verification.

Any future Black Squares will denote obsolete stations or stations that no longer carry E85 but are marked for historical purposes.

Known E85 producers/distributors are Propel Fuel and Pearson Fuel. Propel Fuel sources most(all) of their E85 from local facilities such as the Pixley Plant in Pixley, CA. Pearson is a company that produces E85 in the midwest and transports much of their product by train. Flyers Fuel appears to source their E85 from Pixley as well.

G&M Oil is a large franchise owner of the Chevron brand and has installed many Pearson Fuel E85 pumps at their stations. Tooley Oil owns several Shell franchises in NorCal and also carries Pearson Fuel E85. All other stations carrying E85 appear to be independent or small franchises.

I have yet to clearly identify the source and position in the supply chain for Conserv.

It is highly unlikely that any of the stations carrying E85 are actual corporate owned sites, as larger facilities tend to carry only company branded fuels.

-

Sep 2016 Updates - New stations in Banning, Anaheim/Stanton, and Santa Ana.
    Oct 2016 Updates - New stations in Santa Ana and El Cajon. Added some points of interest.
    Nov 2016 Updates - New station in San Bernardino. Added some points of interest.
    Dec 2016 Updates - New stations in Lawndale, Santa Fe Springs, Chula Vista, and Morongo Valley. Added NorCal stations to E85 map.

Jan 2017 Updates - New station in Fontana.
    Feb 2017 Updates - No station openings to report.
    Mar 2017 Updates - New stations in Temple City, Vista, and Hayward(NorCal).
    Apr 2017 Updates - No station openings to report.
    May 2017 Updates - New stations in El Centro, Bakersfield, West Los Angeles, and Vacaville (NorCal). Previously unreported stations in NorCal updated.
    Jun 2017 Updates - New station in San Bernardino.
    Jul 2017 Updates - New station in West Covina.
    Aug 2017 Updates - New stations in Ramona and Anaheim.
    Sep 2017 Updates - New stations in Riverside, Paso Robles, and San Diego.
    Oct 2017 Updates - New stations in Mira Mesa and Fresno.

Nov 2017 update #1 - New station in San Bruno (NorCal).

Nov 2017 Update #2 - New station in Laguna Niguel. Added a missed station in Sylmar.

Nov 2017 Update #3 - New station in La Mirada.

Jan 2018 Update #1 - New station in Riverside.

Feb 2018 Update #1 - New station in San Diego.

Mar 2018 Update #1 - New station in San Diego.
    Last edited by nechronius; 03-27-2018 at 09:43 PM.
    RRE Tuned (bolt ons, flex fuel), West End Alignment (KW v3 coils)

Cars
    '03 TB Evo 8, '03 Honda Civic, & '07 Suby Outback
    Great work, thanks a lot brotha!
    2.3 Manley 10.5:1 Pistons, Manley Turbo Tuff Rods, ID 2000, BR dbl pumper, AMS IC, FP black, Muellerized/GF Suspension.

Cars
    2003 VIII, 2019 Taco, 2008 MDX
    ^ what he said! Great stuff, thanks for sharing.

Evolved
    Cars
    Apex Silver Evo VII
    Excellent, I've been looking for updated info for a bit as I'm going with a flexfuel setup as of next week. I can likely verify the Propel fuels on San Vicente after if someone doesn't before I do.
    Art is never finished, only abandoned - Leonardo da Vinci

My Instagram - https://instagram.com/seven10
    Evo Instagram - https://instagram.com/lhdevo7
    Chouseki Lab - https://chousekilab.com

Experienced
    Cars
    Any further verifications or spotting of new stations is greatly appreciated. I did find one site recently that is almost as updated but includes stations nationally. It's a good site, actually, but lack of direct google maps integration makes it a bit more cumbersome to navigate.

As for the San Vicente site, it appears to be a separate producer of E85, Conserv. It's kind of ironic that Propel is the one that's probably best known, but has the fewest sites in the region among the big producers.

Thank you for this!!
    Tscomptuned<br />E85--537HP 474TQ

Evolved
    Cars
    Apex Silver Evo VII
    Just went to Conserv Fuel on San Vicente Blvd tonight. It definitely still has e85, but damn their place is a bitch to get in and out of.

Thanks! I'm about to get tuned on e85 this will come in handy! Hope they build those red locations soon.

Just curious for those that have experience with it. Will E85 ease daily driving? Such as picking up speed from a stop sign or red light slowly but smoothly without having to ride the clutch and rev up to 2k because the AC is on and one or two fat ass buddies are in the car with me? :)

Evolved
    Cars
    Apex Silver Evo VII
    Quote Originally Posted by laz1e View Post
    Just curious for those that have experience with it. Will E85 ease daily driving? Such as picking up speed from a stop sign or red light slowly but smoothly without having to ride the clutch and rev up to 2k because the AC is on and one or two fat ass buddies are in the car with me? :)
    I'm new to the e85 game, but basically the only negative in my mind is the reduced gas mileage, I think you can expect roughly 20-30% less mileage per gallon. Basically everything else about it feels the same as running regular gas, except that you can run more timing and higher boost. I should have actually had my car tuned for it a long time ago, I was mainly concerned about not having e85 stations very close to downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by seven10 View Post
    I'm new to the e85 game, but basically the only negative in my mind is the reduced gas mileage, I think you can expect roughly 20-30% less mileage per gallon. Basically everything else about it feels the same as running regular gas, except that you can run more timing and higher boost. I should have actually had my car tuned for it a long time ago, I was mainly concerned about not having e85 stations very close to downtown.
    So you can't really feel any difference in the low end before 3k rpm? Thanks for insight!

Evolved
    Cars
    Apex Silver Evo VII
    I didn't notice a difference, though I'd guess if you had any issues with your coilpacks or plugs you'd notice. Definitely need to have good spark to burn e85 well.

I've always noticed a difference in lower end between E85 and 91. The car comes alive on E85 all around in my opinion. More pep in its step I guess. You do lose gas mileage, but it makes up for it in price, especially right now. I've been using E85 for 7-8 years in both of my motors and would never turn back unless they stop making it or go to the E53 crap like in Arizona.
    Tscomptuned<br />E85--537HP 474TQ

Experienced
    Cars
    Just went to Conserv Fuel on San Vicente Blvd tonight. It definitely still has e85, but damn their place is a bitch to get in and out of.
    Thanks for the verification. I've made a note of it on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by laz1e View Post
    So you can't really feel any difference in the low end before 3k rpm? Thanks for insight!
    I don't really notice any difference off the boost. On the boost the difference is significant.

my tune is night and day feels way smoother on e85
    = for all your needs call Alfred@TTech -909-783-1200

Cars
    IX RS
    OP, thanks for the site!

And yes, the Conserv Fuel parking lot is kind of a pain...especially for the Evo turning radius, lol. The E85 pumps are sandwiched between the normal gas ones (and the lot is really tight). But, I've been religiously going there for 4 years and never had an issue. I think they were out of E85 one time...but that was only for a day or two. Hope it stays for years to come!

Not So Newbie
    Cars
    WW EvoX MR
    I'm really hoping for one in the Mission Viejo or Laguna Hills area. :P

Experienced
    Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by joevo View Post
    I'm really hoping for one in the Mission Viejo or Laguna Hills area. :P
    I can think of several people who would be very happy to see that. Me, I'd love to see an E85 station at the two Chevrons off the 5 and Lake Forest. I just have this feeling that it's a city ordnance issue. If I was in charge of zoning, maybe I'd deny E85 permits to keep the pesky t00ners out of my cities. Fancy German supercars, ok. But riced out cars with even more power? Not in my city! Or so the thinking could go.

Just speculation in any case. I look forward to adding pins and stars to the Irvine and Lake Forest regions in the future, if it happens. I'm just not very hopeful.

Evolved
    Cars
    Apex Silver Evo VII
    Quote Originally Posted by nechronius View Post
    I can think of several people who would be very happy to see that. Me, I'd love to see an E85 station at the two Chevrons off the 5 and Lake Forest. I just have this feeling that it's a city ordnance issue. If I was in charge of zoning, maybe I'd deny E85 permits to keep the pesky t00ners out of my cities. Fancy German supercars, ok. But riced out cars with even more power? Not in my city! Or so the thinking could go.
    It could be that and if so it's kind of stupid for towns to block E85 as it is a renewable energy source.

Also I can verify the Shell in Torance at 701 Torrance Blvd does still have E85. I was over there last night.

Big props to you. Will you be keeping this map updated? This is way better than having them as a list since we can just move the map around to plan trips

Experienced
    Cars
    It could be that and if so it's kind of stupid for towns to block E85 as it is a renewable energy source.

Also I can verify the Shell in Torance at 701 Torrance Blvd does still have E85. I was over there last night.
    Thanks for the verification. I was actually by that station two weeks ago. I may have even driven by it on my way to RC Engineering, but I was driving the Mazdaspeed so getting E85 wasn't on my mind.

A lot of city decisions are based on perception and a city like Irvine is notorious in Orange County for cracking down on "rice" despite its heavy Asian population. The actual environmental benefit of E85 as a fuel source is actually very debatable, but I don't care, I just want E85 stations around Irvine and Lake Forest. The fact that there are none in that region give me the feeling that it's a political thing.

Quote Originally Posted by thisxguy View Post
    Big props to you. Will you be keeping this map updated? This is way better than having them as a list since we can just move the map around to plan trips
    The plan is to keep this map's locations updated (if there are locations to update) once or twice a month and update for verified stations as I get them, and I intend to do this for at least as long as I have a car running E85. Given that I'm not prone to hooning or tomfoolery like a lot of fellow Evo drivers, it's a safe bet I will be doing this for quite a few years to come. I might stop doing it if E85 stations suddenly show up at every corner or there is another source that is just as updated and convenient. The Department of Energy's website is actually pretty close, with about 95% of what I have, which is far, far better than any other source.

Ultimately I'm doing this map for me, so I can plan trips in the SoCal region without having to worry about carrying extra gas or resorting to 91. So yes, for selfish reasons, but I'm not THAT selfish and am willing to share. Plus it's nice to get community verifications.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast